Chapter Thirty~Two

By a month later, the start of December, we haven't had a real lead nor have I heard anything about my tests. The past week Archer has let me go back on patrol which is where I am heading to.

I usually patrol alone however with the new restrictions we patrol in groups of four. I have been in a group with Shell, however several members of our group got in a fight so we've been disbanded and seperated. For once I know none of my group. I find them already chatting to one another. A short man maybe a couple years older than me has his hands on his hips staring angrily at the other woman. His brown eyes wide causing his bushy brows to raise.

The woman looks to be around Archers age and nearly as tall as him as well. Her long black hair is pulled into a braid that reaches the top of her pants. "I'm just saying what everyone else is afraid of. The gamma is a fucking prick, Beta nor Alpha will do anything about him and his little power trip- Which brings me to the fact that why haven't we found anything about who shot Alpha?"

"Catori," the third warns. He's much older than any of us with his silver hair and beard.

"Gamma is doing his best," the short one remarks.

"His best at being a dick," she retorts with a scoff. She looks up to the sky. "Besides why would he assign us a new tracker? We work well with Kenny."

"I don't know," the short one grumbles.

I wasn't aware I was replacing someone. I was under the impression that there was a gap to be filled due to an injury. I clear my throat cussing then to look to me. "I'm Reagan, the tracker."

There's a pause, the short one hitting Catoris arm. The look on her face can only be described as an "oh fuck" face. "I'm Luis, that's Peter and this lovely woman is Catori," the short one says stepping forward and holding his hand out. "You're the McCallenger runt right?"

"Lu," Peter warns.

He raises his hands up, "just a question. I don't mean anything bad by it. There's like twenty seven of them, have to distinguish them somehow."

"You could have just said the Alphas current fling."

"I'm not his fling," I interject almost venously which doesn't go unnoticed.

Peter tried to hide his shock but Catori takes the lead. It seems to come more natural to her than the other two, that or she just doesn't care what she says. She knows she's already dug a hole. I'm not stupid, I know the moment she saw me and concluded I heard her insult our leadership she thought she was fucked over.

"You're not fucking the alpha?"

"Catori!" Peter scolds again as Luis laughs.

I shake my head. "No."

"Why not? He clearly wants in your pants. So did that other Alpha though-" she cuts herself off inhaling, "your scent isn't anything special. No offense."

"Don't answer her," Peter cuts in rubbing at his beard. He cuts his silver gaze at her in warning.

  Catori rolls her eyes. Now that I'm fully facing her I can see her strong cheekbones. She is stunningly beautiful. "Do answer me."

    I shove my hands in my jacket with a shrug. We have yet to tell anyone of our evolving relationship, dating an alpha is a tricky thing. Especially when you have no desire to be a Luna. When it is just us I can distinguish the two, I can move the alpha title from my mind. He's just Archer to me now which itself is an incredible feat for me. "It would be improper for the alpha to have flings. It's how we end up in title situations."

"Bullshit," she groans turning away. "If I had the chance to fuck not one but two alphas I would jump on it."

"Catori."