Chapter Ten

I hold my finger under my nose hoping that this sneeze will go away soon. My wolf keeps urging me to get out of my hiding spot and to be proud of how we protected ourselves. A surprisingly soft sneeze hits and I freeze when I hear the slightest shuffles from Alpha Archer. Suddenly, amber eyes bore into my grey ones making me press myself against the wood. I knew I couldn't hide forever but I wished I could. "Why'd you run?"

I suck my bottom lip in between my teeth as a way to shut myself up but my wolf nudges me to tell him. Stupid Alpha bond. "Mother will be upset with me. Mother was right, I should be dead," I mutter while letting my head hang in shame. My wolf sends me comforting signals but settles for her whining instead.

"Do you really believe that?"

I shyly nodded my head already knowing how to explain it to him. The amazing history of my families is something that truly makes me being a runt even more difficult. It is usual for runts to happen when a wolf and a human mate due to the mixed-blood but it isn't always the case. "I am the first runt of both sides of my family. We are purebred, no human tainting in our bloodlines, I am an anomaly, an abomination."

There is a small grunt from my Alpha as he sits on the floor and wraps an arm around me, pulling me into his chest. His comforting scent makes me sigh as a shudder randomly goes through my body. Any alpha, regardless of what they may come across as, has the capability to soothe a pack member that is upset. This is seen more as a Luna's job but the Alpha is just as capable which does make sense. Typically, Lunas do not see the battlefield whereas the Alpha is always front and center. He must be able to give that comfort there. Alpha Archer rubs his hand down my arm. "What happened? I heard fighting and by the time I get there, your table is smashed, your mother is crying saying you attacked her, and Beta Isaac was about to shift and run after you," he asks making me sigh.

Of course, my mother claims I am the one who attacked her. She will spit that nonsense out until she loses her voice if it means that she could get rid of me. I quickly retell him what happened between my mother and me. "How long have you been hiding under my desk?" He finally asks after a few moments of silence. A lighter tone is in his voice showing his amusement.

"A couple of hours," I admit as we climb out from under his desk, knowing that I am already blushing. His brows furrow and his bottom lip pout out a little.

"I've worked here since then."

"I know," I whisper. A soft chuckle escapes past his lips as he shakes his head in an amused manner. He seems to look me over, inspect me for any injuries only for a content look to ease his face. I'm all healed up. He steps behind me only for a hard sigh to be heard.

I sense his hands before they rest on my back, making me wince. "You need to go to the doctor," he whispers looking at the few pieces of glass stuck in my back. I tried to remove all of them but I failed. I hear the door open as I turn to face my Alpha. "You need to shave, but are you going to do that?" I counter.

"She won't go and she won't speak out," I hear the familiar voice of Vic pipes up. The agitation is clearly evident in the way he is standing. His jaw is set firmly, a quirk he shares with his brother, his legs are shoulder-width apart, and his shoulders are drawn up. I look down at my feet knowing that my Alpha will want the one thing I cannot give him. He wants me to speak against my mother and the moment that I do will be the moment my father will come after me. I need to get away for a little bit. I need to go until I know that my father won't be watching me.

"I have a witness!" He roars making me flinch back.

"Shit," the word slips from my mouth as slight dizziness sweeps over me. Beta Isaac was there, in my house. I need to go. Father will be very angry with me. It would be better to leave and let his anger simmer down or would that make it worse?