Chapter Eight: Dine and Ditch

???'s View

I glanced down at the boy walking beside me. Taking notice of his looks and clothing, I could tell he was one of those 'rocker' kids, or 'emo' ones. Pretty much a kid that wears dark clothing most of the time and listens to rock and metal bands.

His hair was a dark black, almost onyx. His dark hair was around shoulder length, pretty long for a boy... Finally, had two lip piercings. Snake bites, I think.

He wasn't too shabby.

He kinda looks like someone from the past, a friend, an ex? No, no... I have to be imagining this, there's no way he could be...him. I bet he's dead anyways...stupid idiot might have killed himself already.

I regret nothing.

"Hey, um, where exactly are we going?" He asked, glancing up at me.

I smiled. "Nowhere really, you know...just cruising around the town while chatting here and there." I stated, shrugging my shoulders.

The kid nodded, seeming to see what we were doing now. "Well, if we're going to be doing that, can we get something to eat? I didn't have the chance before I left." He said, blushing a bright red.

I smirked and grabbed his hand, "H-Hey, what are you doing?" He stammered out, letting me drag him.

I looked over my shoulder, "Taking you out to eat just like you asked for, duh." I stated with a quick roll of my eyes.

He laughed nervously and bit his lip, my eyes widening at how cute he looked. His face was just so flushed and pale, it fit perfectly on him. A blush of my own covered my cheeks, staining them a rose like color.

Stop!

I shook my head rapidly, getting the image of this boys face out of my mind. You're taken already, you should know that pretty well. After scolding myself a bit, I cleared my throat to catch his attention.

"So, do you like noddles or pasta in general?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't hate pasta nor do I love it... Pasta would be fine though." He answered, honestly.

I smiled, "Great, I know where we can go then. It's just around the corner in the shopping area." I said, running forward, his cries to slow down being ignored.

We turned and curved a series of times just to come upon the little area I was talking about; the so called shopping center. The shopping center was just as the name said it was, there was a bunch of clothing stores and such nearby in one area. Not only were there stores, but the place was filled with restaurant's. It was the perfect place to get something to eat.

"H-Hey, why are we going so fast!?" He exclaimed, "You do know we've been running across busy roads, right?! Is this normal for you?"

I chuckled, "One, because you previously told me you didn't get a bite to eat before this, and that meaning you must be pretty hungry. Two, yeah... I know that. It's pretty fun. Finally, yes, yes it is." I said, answering all three of his questions.

He sighed, "This is great... I never thought my old neighborhood had such crazy kids before..." He muttered.

I rose an eyebrow, interested in what he said. "Old neighborhood? You mean you used to live here?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

He shook his head quickly, "No, no! One of my close friends, um, used to live here. I visited him a lot before and now I finally moved over here too." He shouted, frantically shaking his hands back and forth.

I nodded slowly, keeping my eyes narrowed. "Uh huh, got it..." I said, not fully believing what he said.

It just didn't sound true, well, parts of it. I may be digging into it too much... Who knows.

He shrunk back and looked around, keeping his eyes away from me. I released a sigh and let go of his hand, spotting the restaurant or fast food place we would be eating at. Noddles and Company. A few more feet and we were at the door.

"Here we go, Noddles and Company is pretty darn good." I said, holding the door open for him, as he examined the place.

"Oh, cool." He said, eyes widening at the smell wafting in the air. I smirked at his reaction and grabbed his hand again, dragging him towards the front cashier where the menu was held up above.

"So, what do you see that you like?"

_______________________

Entoan's View

"So, what do you see that you like?" He asked, rubbing his slightly bearded chin.

I looked up at the menu, the Japanese Pan Noddles. That looked pretty good, this will do then. I walked over to the guy I came in here with, seeing that he went to order while I was thinking.

"Yeah, no onions please." He said, getting a small nod and okay from the cashier. He then looked over his shoulder at me, "Did you decide?"

I nodded and walked up to the cashier, "Can I have the Japanese Pan Fried Noodles?" I asked.

The cashier nodded. "Coming right up! Here's your number, please take a seat and your orders will be brought to you." He said, handing us the number fifteen.

"Thanks." I muttered, walking over to a table, the guy following me.

I sat down in the two seat table and he sat in front of me, smiling madly as he stared at me. I flushed in embarrassment and scratched my cheek nervously.

"What? Is there something wrong?" I asked, afraid of his answer.

"You're cute." He states bluntly, smirking cockily.

I blinked, almost unfazed. I've heard this before, but I haven't ever had someone say it that bluntly. "Oh, thanks." I said, unsure of what to say exactly.

"What? That's it? Oh, thanks?" He mocked.

"Yeah, pretty much." I said.

I sighed and leaned back, ignoring his continuous stare. Hm... This guy seems very familiar. I wonder who he can be? A past friend or neighbor? I wonder... I can't seem to really remember who he looks like.

Could he be...--

"Here you go, sirs." A girl said, handing us our food. "Enjoy."

"Thank you." I thanked her, he thanked her as well as she scurried away.

I looked at him, watching him eat his noddles like nothing. He was like a vacuum sucking up everything. I chuckled softly and started to eat my noddles, smiling at the delicious taste. Minutes passed by and we both were half way through our food.

That was till the restaurant's door opened, the sound of a bell ringing filled the air. I looked over at the door with noddles hanging out of my mouth, my eyes widening in horror. N-No way!

It can't be!

I looked at the guy in front of me, "I have to go, I forgot my p-phone!" I stammered out, standing up and running to the exit.

"Hey!"

"I'm sorry..." I muttered, making my way out the door, passing the person I didn't want to see.

We both glanced at each other as we passed by each other, our eyes meeting for a mere second. But from that small second, I could tell it was him. Yet he didn't know it was me.

I never thought I would see him again...

▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪

Hey, guys. I noticed most of you little peeps figured out what I was going to do, with last chapter. You know, make this mystery person you-know-who. Hah, too bad you guys had the wrong person! (Or did you? Kukuku~)

Can you guess...who?