Chapter Seventeen: We're Not A Family Without You

Entoan's View

Smarty continued to ball his eyes out as I did my best to comfort him. His tears were never ending; an endless stream. I frowned and pulled him closer to me.

"It's okay... Things will get better from this point on, trust me... I'll make sure of it." I whispered softly into his ear.

Smarty sobbed even harder than before, his body trembled and shook against my own.

"Th-Thank you! Th-Thank y-you, Entoan!" He cried out.

I wrapped my arms around him more securely than I had them before, "Don't thank me yet..." I stated, "Hold that thank you until I actually do some good for you."

Nobody hurts my friends and gets away with it.

Ever.

~*~

[ Next Day ]

After comforting Smarty yesterday, one of the deans happened to see what was happening between Smarty and I. He took it the wrong way at first and questioned me, trying to see what I did to him. But once I spilled what really happened, the dean - who was a woman - understood and offered us the option to be sent home early. It was the best option seeing the condition Smarty was in due to Max.

I'm really glad that the dean gave us the option, because as soon as I walked Smarty home he knocked out on his bed in a heap of blubbering tears.

I sighed and stretched my body out. Smarty needed a good night's rest after that bullshit. I wouldn't even blame him for wanting to ditch the rest of the week. I glanced over my shoulder at Smarty. His cheeks were stained with the trails his tears left and his eyes were still red.

"Look what they did to you..." I muttered out sadly. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath, "They made a mess out of you..."

I guess after my departure things went downhill for many people, even the one's that I wasn't too close to.

I sighed once more and made my way downstairs. I'll just ask his parents that he isn't feeling too well and to call him off for school today. That's sounds good.

As I made my way down the stairs, I could hear the faint sound of sizzling coming from the kitchen. I glanced over to my right at the clock - 6:21 AM.

"Smarty? Is that you?" I heard his mother ask.

I smiled and walked through the kitchen door.

"Sorry, but Smarty is still sleeping." I stated.

Smarty's mother spun around and looked at me with eyes wide in shock; confusion.

"Oh, I see... Well, thank you for telling me Entoan, dear." She muttered out with a small smile coating her lips.

She turned back around and continued to cook, humming while she did so.

"He has a small fever, so I don't think he'll be able to go to school... Is it alright with you if I go to school, grab his notes and homework then head back here once I'm out?" I asked her, grabbing the plates, cups, and utensils for the table.

"That's fine. Thank you for telling me again. You really are a sweet boy Entoan, you know that? If only there was more boys like you out there in the world, then maybe us women would have an easier time." She mused with a sly chuckle.

I couldn't help but laugh. What she said was absolutely true. If there were guys I guess like me out there, our mothers would be able to lay back a bit more.