Chapter Six: Regret

[ Countdown: Times up... ]

< Next Day >

Dlive's View

I made my way to school with my backpack hanging loosely around my shoulders, the straps swayed along with the wind and hit my body every few seconds. It was peaceful today, almost too silent.

I don't like it.

I frowned, gazing my eyes from house to house, sadness overcoming me. When Entoan was going to-- I smacked myself, trying to forget about him. It was harder than I thought. Entoan was always on my mind. After all, he was my closest friend ever. We knew each other so well our parents were afraid sometimes.

Now walking home, walking to school, sitting in class, has become a difficult task for me to complete. Entoan was the one who would help me, and I was the one who would help him. Now neither of us had any help. It felt so...weird. I actually regretted my actions from the other day.

Should I apologize?

I nodded, "Y-Yeah... Maybe I'll go apologize to him at school, and if he's not there, I'll go to his house. He h-has to accept my apology. We're f-friends." I told myself, trying the best I could to assure myself everything would be fine.

Everything could be horrible right now, I don't know. Maybe Entoan is suffering because of my stupid mistakes... But, even if I did try to apologize, Entoan would be never forgive me for falling for Gassy. I really think I love him.

Think.

Why was that single word bothering me so damn much? Yeah, I think I love him, I just need more time for my feelings to grow. Love just doesn't appear like nothing, it obviously takes time to grow.

I made my way into the school, passing a bunch of friends laughing together. Everyone looked so happy. Almost how Entoan and I were before he lied to me.

I sighed and walked over to my locker, quickly opening it and tossing my stuff inside. I don't really feel like working today, I might just ditch class again with Gassy. This really is going to turn into a bad habit... But, it was worth it. I get to spend time with Gassy.

I shut my locker and made my way to the little spot Gassy, Chilled, Ze and I met. They should be there by now. Like I had said, they were all there, leaning against the wall.

Gassy spotted me right away. "If it isn't Dlive." He mused, patting my shoulder. "What took you so long?"

I was too busy thinking about, Entoan. I'm sorry. "I walked a little to slow, my bad." I lied through my teeth.

Gassy smiled, pulling me to his side, his hand on my waist. "Don't worry about it, Chilled and Ze here seem to be enjoying the time alone." He snickered, pointing his thumb at them.

I glanced over at Chilled and Ze. What did he meaaaaaaaa...Oh. My eyes widened drastically. Chilled had his nose pressed against Ze's, they were smiling cheekily.

I fumbled over my words, "A-Are they a t-thing?" I asked Gassy, dumbfounded.

He shrugged. "Honestly, I have no clue on what they are. But, I do know if we ever become a thing... It would be fine with them." He mused, leaning close to my face with a smirk on his lips.

I gulped and leaned back, "Y-Yeah, if..." I replied, walking on ahead.

"Hey, you love birds! Let's get going before the PPA get here!" Gassy said, catching up with me in a matter of seconds.

I saw Chilled and Ze run to our side, cheeks coated in a light pink haze. So they like each other, kinda like how I like Gassy? An image of image Entoan appeared in my head. I frowned and looked back at the long, narrow hallways.