Chapter Five: The Packing Begins

[ Countdown: One Day... ]

Entoan's View

I sat in my room alone just thinking about yesterday. I didn't want to think about him anymore, but how could I not?! He was the closest thing I had to a friend!

I sobbed into my arms, balling my eyes out. "D-Dlive! ...Why?!" I cried out, almost shouting in anger.

I can't believe after all these years of being best friends he would leave me for that...that...dick! I don't even want to go to school today.

"Entoan, dear! Are you up?" My mother shouted, her shoes clanking against the stairs.

I ignored her and stayed still, staring at my bed sheets with parted eyes. She knocked on the door, again, again, and again. Then she stopped.

"Entoan... I'm coming in, okay?" She said, opening the door slowly, light shining into my pitch-dark room.

My sobbing died down, I was now sniffling and wiping my eyes. She shouldn't see me like this. I feel so lost and alone.

My bed lowered itself a bit, showing the fact that someone's weight was added. "Entoan... What's wrong? Is this about Dlive and you?" She asked, pulling me to her side.

Her hand rubbed my side gently. She rested her head on my shoulder. I embraced the warmth she gave me, this was what I needed right now. Some light in my heart... any kind of warmth.

"Y-Yes..." I croaked out, my throat dry and parched.

"Hun, I'm sorry for whatever happened between you two. I know I won't fully understand the pain you're feeling since I wasn't there to witness it, but just know that I love you." She said, kissing my cheek softly. "You'll make new friends where we go. Your father lives in a good neighborhood."

I frowned and looked over at her, staring into her eyes. She flinched at my gaze. "How are you so sure I'll make friends? D-Dlive was my closest and only friend." I said, already doubting her words.

She kissed my forehead. "I know you will, trust me. Most friendships don't always last long, hun." She mused, standing up to move the curtains.

She sighed and walked over to the door, she glanced at me. "Entoan. You don't have to go to school today... Alright? We'll start packing today, tomorrow we'll leave then." She said, walking out. "Start packing."

I grunted in response. I stood up and grabbed a luggage from my closet. I didn't have many things to pack anyways. I started with my clothes, tossing all my black jeans and band related clothing inside the luggage. Then went my more personal items, games and game systems.

I grabbed a picture frame off of my desk. I looked at it and froze. It was a picture of Dlive and I laughing as we held one another. We took this together one-year ago. We were still friends then.

There was no secrets or lies.

My breathing started to get more ragged and quick, I glared at the photo. Before I knew it, I threw the picture frame against the wall, the frame shattering upon impact. I panted as I glared at the shattered glass.

"You're in my past now, Dlive." I spat, glaring down at the now torn photo. "You've hurt me enough, friend."

I smiled and grabbed the photo. You don't know how good that felt, but I couldn't help but regret doing that. Maybe moving away wasn't such a bad thing after all...

All things are in the past now. I need to start looking ahead at my future without... my best friend.

____________________