Chapter Fifteen: Standing Up and Out

Entoan's View

"Hey, umm... Are you okay, Gunner?"

I flinched and jumped at the sudden intrusion while I was thinking. I peeked over at Ohm who was sitting by my side with a small frown on his lips, his covered eyes burning their gaze into my own. I could tell he was staring right at me. I sighed and leaned back, letting out a small yawn as I stretched.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Ohm. I'm just a little tired, that's all. So don't worry about it." I reassured him, flashing a smile his way. 

At my smile, Ohm grinned like a child and nodded his head rapidly. He rubbed my back softly.

"As long as you're okay that's all that matters to me." He muttered, a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him, "Shut up... You're so cheesy it hurts." I mused in amusement. 

Ohm laughed and pulled me closer to him, his arm wrapped tightly - and might I add protectively - around my waist. I blushed darkly and kept my gaze locked on his arms wrapped around me. What was Ohm doing all of a sudden being this affectionate? Especially to someone like me. All of this was confusing me beyond belief and I don't need anything clouding my mind right now!

Then, before I knew it, Ohm was squeezing my waist tigthly. His strong grip most likely leaving marks. I whimpered and winced in pain.

"O-Ohm, what are you doing? Th-That hurts!" I whispered harshly.

Ohm didn't answer back like I thought he was going to. No one at the lunch table even bothered to take a glance at me. They all were focused on something else. I tried my best to push away the imense pain in my waist and I peered over Ohm's shoulder.

"I don't get what everyone looking at... What's so special about--?" I started, only to gasp and cover my mouth in shock. There he was, Gassy the man I hated with all my heart and soul, staring down a kid with piercings and a black beanie.

The poor kid looked scared shitless. I shook in anger. All the emotions I built up over the past years because of what he did to me all those years ago were coming back up like a volcano. I can't believe that Gassy was still into bullying innocent kids! I swear, this day keeps on getting worse and worse... If only, if only...

NO! I shook my head and narrowed my eyes at Gassy as he screamed his head off, a storm of swear words spilling out his mouth. I glanced around the lunch table quickly. Everyone was staring at Gassy with fear in their eyes. Biting down on my lip, I held back the urge to scold them for not trying to help the kid. Each second that Ohm stared along with the others, the pain in my waist was hurting more and more. From what I could tell, Ohm definitely wanted to jump in and help the kid out there, but he was holding back.

I smiled softly. At least he cared and actually wants to do something. That's all that matters.

As for me, "That's it." I spat out, standing up and smacking Ohm's hand away. I was pissed. "I'm not letting him hurt someone else." I wasn't going to let him do what he wanted. I'm taking action.

Everyone at the table gasped loudly. As I started to walk away, someone grabbed on to my shirt and tugged me back. I looked over my shoulder, eyes widening as I did so.

Minx, Krism, Chilled, Ze, Slam, Nanners and Ohm were all holding onto my shirt. Hands on top of one anothers, they each gave me a look that said, 'don't-do-it-you'll-regret-it'. A frown made its way to my lips.

"I'm sorry guys, but I can't let this go on any longer." I whispered sadly, "This has to end now before it goes to far...and...and something bad happens."

"Gunner, stop and sit down while you can." Ohm warned me, "Please listen to me. Trust me."

I shook my head as I smiled, "No Ohm, trust me." I said and spun around, making my way towards Gassy who was about to swing his fist at the kid. My eyes flew open and I ran, jumping in front of the kid. Blocking myself with my arms, Gassy's fist came in contact with them. Stumbling back, from the blow, I groaned at the pain that now soared through my arms.

"What the hell?!"

Gasps erupted throughout the lunch room from my brave move, or what these people would consider, a dumb move.

I uncovered my face and stared Gassy right in the eye. He was fuming with anger. His face was a bright red and it looked like he would blow any second now. And by the glare he had aimed right at me, I knew it meant bad news. Shit.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Gunner?!" Gassy shouted in a booming voice, stepping closer to me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I shouted back, inching towards him. I wasn't afraid like I used to be. I was never going to be again. "Huh? Answer me? Why are you picking on someone who has done nothing to you?"

Gassy glared at me, "And how would you know that he didn't do anything to deserve a beating?" He spat.

I smirked, "Unlike you, and like him, I know how it feels to be bullied. What bullying looks like. And let me tell you that what I saw, what I felt when you yelled at him... Those were definitely signs of bullying." I explained for him loud and clear.

Letting a scowl make its way onto my lips, I narrowed my eyes at Gassy. "I won't accept the way you treat others any longer, Gassy. Go find another hobby." I spat.

Gassy didn't have anything to say. He merely clicked his tongue and backed up in defeat. Murmurs reached my ears. I guess my, well, .
speech, actually reached some people. I sighed and looked down at the kid I protected. Who the hell was he anyways? My eyes widened slightly. I recognized him.

"Sm-Smarty?" I blinked.

Smarty stood up and rubbed his arm in embarrassment, "Y-Yeah?" He asked me, confusion swimming in the pit of his eyes.

I shook my head, "It's nothing, let's just get going. We're done here." I said, grabbing his hand and dragging him away.

Smarty nodded and went along with me despite not remembering who I was exactly. That was fine with me, as long as I can take him away from Gassy, I'm happy. Standing up was something I've always wanted to do for myself, but seeing how I couldn't do that... I might as well stand up for someone else. So they won't have to go through all that bullshit I went through.

But...standing out.

Now that was something I didn't really want.