Chapter Ten: Come On In~

[ Next Day ]

Entoan's View

I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulders, my hand gripping the strap tightly. Shit, what if I see Dlive at school? What the hell am I supposed to do if he sees me or even recognizes me! I rubbed the back of my neck and released a sigh.

"At least I can talk to that one kid who was nice to me yesterday. He was pretty cool from what I could tell." I muttered to myself, thinking about that one kid.

He seemed a bit familiar too, but I felt like I didn't know him at all. My head is hurting just thinking this much, I really should stop. Well, if he does manage to see me and no less recognize me I can always just run out of the school with the excuse that my parents were having troubles. Yeah, that's just what I'll do in case something like that ever happens. I won't let Dlive find out that I'm the one he hurt all those years ago; the one he seemed to care for yet lied to and hurt dearly. 

Walking to my bathroom real quick, I stared at my face with slight hate. I hated myself a bit after all those years of leaving Dlive behind, I just couldn't help but have a tad bit of regret towards my actions of that day. Yes, my actions were understandable, but he was my best friend. I hurt my best friend, but...he hurt me too. It was fair and unfair at the same time. 

My black hair was covering my eyes, it made me look almost sinister. This is what changed inside of me after these few years, I wasn't the little Entoan everyone knew; the one who backed away from an argument without a fight. No, I've learned my lesson. I will fight back and protect myself from these bullies! They won't make me cower in fear any longer, I will be the one making them cower back in fear. 

I smirked in the mirror, watching it replicate my actions. "Yes... I'm not weak anymore, I'm much stronger than before. Maybe not physically, but mentally I am." I muttered out, touching the mirror, tracing my fingers over my heart.

I've been through enough already, I won't let anyone else hurt me. I can't let them hurt me... Even if it means I have to out a giant, thick barrier around myself, one that not even my parents can get through. It's for the best.

"Entoan!" My mom shouted from downstairs. "You're going to be late for your first day of school if you keep this up!"

I rolled my eyes, walking out of my bathroom with a quick glance at the mirror. "I'm coming!" I shouted back, running down the stairs.

When I stepped down from the last step, I came face-to-face with my mom and dad, both with smiles on their face. Raising one of my eyebrows, I eyed them warily.

"Um... What's with those looks?" I asked.

My mom clapped her hands and squealed, "You're going to school again! Aw, my little boy is just growing up so fast!" She yelled, tossing her arms around me.

I blinked, completely shocked at my moms sudden affection. Something was up. "Mom, what are you doing?" I asked, scrunching my nose at her in confusion.

She giggled, "Oooh, nothing, honey!" She mused, flicking my nose.

My dad smiled and grabbed my mom, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist. "Well, excuse your mother, Entoan." He said, his eye twitching slightly. "You might as well get away while you can, I mean unless you want your mom to smother you once more."

I nodded and laughed, "Alright, I will." I said, waving at my parents as I headed out the door. "Bye Mom, bye Dad."

"Bye, kiddo!" My dad shouted

I slowly shut the door, "Bye, baby!" My mom practically screamed as the door slammed shut.

I shook my head at her loud statement. Man, I worry about my mom sometimes. I don't know how my dad can handle her. That's not my problem though, my mom is a great woman, but man can she act like teenager at times. Walking down the sidewalk to my school, I noticed many kids my age walking along the same sidewalk. It reminded me so much of my old neighborhood... I sighed. I really miss living back there.

"Hey, kid!" Someone shouted, causing me to turn to the right.

I stared at the person in the car. Shit, not him again! I turned away, ignoring them. It was Dlive and that boy from yesterday. Why couldn't he just leave me alone?

"Hey, kid! Can you hear me or not?!" He shouted, parking his car and hopping out.

I gasped, "Come on...! Are you serious?" I muttered, shocked that he bothered getting out of his car.

He was walking closer to me, smiling widely. "Don't turn away, man. I'm offering you a ride instead of letting you walk." He said.

I looked up in the car, staring at Dlive. He only smiled and waved at me like nothing was wrong. How could he not remember what he did to me all those years ago? Did he not feel a bit of remorse towards his actions and pain inflicted on me?!

"I hardly know you though..." I stated bluntly.

He rolled his eyes, "Just get in the car." He said with a roll of his eyes.

"Fine..." I muttered in defeat, trudging over to his car.

I opened the door and took a seat in the back with Dlive, ignoring the stares he gave me. It was very uncomfortable to say the least. I looked out the window, admiring the view as he started the car and started to drive away. There goes my moms advice on not going into any strangers car.

"Hey, kid." He said, looking back at me. "What's your name?"

I raised an eyebrow, "What's your name?" I asked, repeating what he said. "Why don't you tell me your name first?"

He rolled his eyes, "No thanks, just tell me yours first. I did let you ride along with us." He stated.

I perked my lips together, "Fine, my names Gunner..." I said, telling him what my mom tends to call me by, my real name.

He smirked, "Nice name. My names Gassy, and this here is Dlive." He said, jabbing his thumb at Dlive. "He's my boyfriend."

My eyes flew open. G-Gassy...his name is Gassy? How-... No way! My hands clenched around my thighs, I was starting to breath heavily. Gassy...and Dlive. Two people I don't want to see are right next to me.

"Hey, Gunner. It's nice to meet you." He said, holding his hand out for me to shake.

I placed my hand in his, my hand trembling as we shook hands. His hand was just so warm... I missed this feeling around him. We just held hands and stared into each others eyes, like we both knew something and didn't want to say it.

"We're here." Gassy said harshly, looking at the front mirror, his eyes burning into our hands.

I froze. They must be dating still, shit. I pulled me hands away from Dlive's and frowned, quickly rushing out of the door. I don't want any more trouble with Gassy, well at least in this person he thinks I am. He doesn't recognize me still.

Gassy turned off the car and walked out of the car along with Dlive by his side. Dlive smiled at me and waved.

"Come on in!" He shouted, "It's just school."

I frowned. If only you knew what I went through, who did so much damage to me. You'd understand, Dlive.

Why must you be so oblivious?