Chapter Seven: Returning Home

[ Four Years Later - 18 Years Old ]

Entoan's View

I made my way over to the kitchen counter, snatching an apple from the hovering basket attached to the top of one of the cabinets. My teeth bit into the apple, some of its juices dripping down my chin. With my sleeve I wiped my chin clean, quickly finishing the apple.

"Entoan!" I glanced over my shoulder, giving my dad a curious look. He smiled and walked over to me, "Are you ready to move back to our home town?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly, "I guess so... I mean, it might be pretty cool seeing our old house again." I said, a small smile making its way to my face.

He laughed and pat my back roughly, making me wince. "Good to hear that, son. Now, grab your bags. As soon as your mom gets down here, we'll be driving there." He explained, walking over to the coffee machine to make his morning coffee.

"Alright." I said, running to the stairs.

I sighed. Mom and dad finally decided that after four years of living a few hours away from my, no... our old neighborhood, they finally choose to go back. It was January 27th, the middle of the year, and I would be transferring over to a new school. A transfer student...never thought I would be marked as one again.

Joining in the middle of senior year probably isn't the best thing I can do at the moment, imagine all the drama that will go around about me. High school really sucks when this happens to you...

As I entered my bedroom I looked at it for the last time, making sure I took it all in. Navy blue wall, dark mahogany wood floor, several windows... This was my little kingdom, my solitude. I'm going to be leaving all of this real soon...

I grabbed my luggage's and placed them by my door. The room was pretty much empty except for the few things left behind that we'll come back for: my bed, desk, drawer, and glass showcase I had for my games and collectibles.

"Entoan, we're leaving! Come on, hurry up!" My mom shouted.

I grabbed my luggage's and walked down stairs, "Coming." I shouted, soon coming face-to-face with my mom and dad smiling at me.

They nodded towards the floor, telling me to go out first. Smiling very faintly, I did as they wanted and walked out of the door, holding it open for them. I ran to the car and tossed my luggage's in the truck. The time has come, it was a new start from here on. This time I really have to be careful on who I choose to be friends with.

Vanoss, Delirious, Wildcat, Nogla, Lui, Droid, Basically, and Mini were my closest friends here. It sucks that I have to leave them all behind like a piece of trash... Honestly, I'm glad they all understand that I won't forget them. They have been there for me through thick and thin after all.

"Hun, we're heading off. Hop in." My mom said, patting the car door.

I opened my door and hopped it, nodding at my parents through the front mirror.

~*~

I gasped in awe as I stared out the window. My hometown really hasn't changed much over the few years, but man is it great seeing it again. There's more kids than ever playing outside.

"Hey, Entoan. Tomorrow you start High School at your new school, make sure to make some friends." My dad said, glancing at me from the mirror. "When we get to our new house, I want you to explore the town a bit. Meet some people if you can."

I nodded, "I'll try my best too, dad. You should know I'm not too good on making friends." I said.

"Come on, Entoan. Don't be like that. You know that Vanoss and that boy Delirious really liked you. If they were you friends the first day we moved over here, you should make some back here like nothing." She scolded.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I got it, mom. Don't worry." I said.

My dad drove into a driveway of our old house. It looked exactly the same as we left it. Home sweet home.

We exited the car at the same time, all three of us smiling at our house. Before I unpack, I need to unload all my games and systems.

"Entoan! Don't you even dare think about staying inside to play video games!" My mom shouted, knowing my current thoughts. I frowned. "Go around and make friends, your dad and I will unpack for you."

"Fine, fine, geez. Sometimes you make it seem like your the man, not dad. You'd probably make a better dad than him." I snickered.

My dad looked taken aback, "Woah, slow down there. Are you saying your mom is better than me?" He asked, "Impossible! I do the most around the house."

Now it was my moms turn to be shocked. "Oh, really? Who's the one that cleans the dishes, sweeps the house? Huh? Me!" Mom shouted, jabbing her thumb at herself.

I smirked. There we go, I got them all riled up. Now, I should take my leave here. I walked away casually as my parents bickered back and forth about who was the better parent.

As I walked around staring up at the sky, I noticed how the clouds followed me around. It may seem like a childish thing to think about, but I always wondered if they moved or followed me.

"I think it's proven they move around." I told myself.

"I agree with you."

Jumping, I spun around, seeing the person who was breathing all over my neck. "Uh, who are you?" I asked slowly, backing away in suspicion.

He smiled, "My names not important at the moment, but the little conversation you were having with yourself was." He said.

I eyed him, Why didn't he tell me his name? This guy is just creeping me out the longer I stay here with him.

"Oh, so you were creeping up on me." I stated bluntly. "Thanks."

He laughed. "Sorry about that, but just to let you know... Maybe you shouldn't stare up at the clouds so much. I did save you from getting hit by a car." He said, grimacing.

"...what do you mean?" I asked, dumbfounded.

He merely pointed behind me. I turned around to see a road with cars driving by at high speeds. If... If he didn't ever creep up on me, I would've been dead by now. Wow Entoan, you are really making a great impression all ready.

"Yeah, sooo you kinda owe me there." He said, rubbing his neck.

I nodded, "I guess I do. Sorry about calling you a...creep. I'm not used to talking to new people." I muttered.

He grinned. "It's fine. I used to know a guy like you, his name was...ugh, never mind. I actually don't remember his name." He chuckled.

I shook my head, "It's fine."

"Hey, do you want to walk and talk for a bit? If that's fine with you..." He said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure, why not?" I said, "Lead the way."

As I followed this mysterious person, I couldn't help but wonder why I felt like I knew him. I could always be imagining things. But for now, I'll have some fun. No need to stress over a thing like this right now... I have to make friends.

That's all...

□•□•□•□•□•□•□•□•□•□•□•□

I wanted to thank those of you who are voting, commenting, and even reading this fanfic of mine. I honestly, never expected it to get this far... Thank you all, I really do appreciate it.

Who's the person Entoan was talking to? Are they really a creep?