Chapter 2

Rosa:
I held the address in the palm of my hand. I didn't recognise the address at all. The apartment number was minus one hundred and two. Was this some kind of joke? Last I checked most buildings don't have rooms in the minuses. Oh well, anywhere is better than here.

I grabbed a green, plastic carrier bag, stuffing a few items inside. A blue bee pencil case, some cheap lip balm, a navy blue hoodie and a hand full of hair bands. But as I slowly approached the door, a small voice was heard from behind me.

"Where are you going?" A ginger haired girl was staring at me with big Hazel eyes. The six year old girl's over sized clothes almost dragged on the floor while her pigtails draped over her chest. She clutched to a small doll in her right hand, which looked worn and was practically just stitches at this point.

"I'm just going to a friend's house." I put my index finger to my lips, as I whispered. "I'll be back soon, don't tell anyone, ok?"

She sat on the messy, un-made bed behind her. I came over and gently kissed her forehead as she gave me a weak and weary smile.

As she sat watching me leave, I grabbed my bag and raced out of the room. I crept around the stairs' banister, searching for anyone in sight. The floorboards creaked beneath my feet as I carefully walked down the stairs. My heart pounded in my chest. My eyes darted around the room. My thoughts were racing in my head.

Don't get caught! Don't get caught! Oh God what if I get caught! I thought, panicking. Persistent, I turned the corner leaving the exit in site. No one was currently around so the coast was clear for now. Wasting not a second of time, I rushed out of the glass double doors free from the prison like builing.

Finally, I was free to do what I liked. Now all I needed to do was actually find where the hell this address was.

It took me almost half an hour but I finally found the place. In a row of houses was a short building with two floors. There was a row of buttons but not a single one had a number in the minuses. Confused, I chose to click on one of the buttons, which said room 105. A loud buzz rang out before someone answered, making me jump out of my socks.

"Hello? Who is this?" A male voice asked, sounding extremely suspicious.

"Hi, um sorry to disturb you but, um, well this guy from my school gave me an address, but I can't seem to find it." I stuttered, panicking.

"What room is it?"

"Well, you see it's, ummm, it's... room one hundred and two," I bit my lip waiting for his reply. However, I never got it.

A high pitched beep signalled that the man had left without saying another word.

"Hello?"

Lucas:
As I sat at my computer, I began to research molecular models for our project. It seemed simple enough to make, I just had no idea what we would make it from. I took a bunch of photos off of Google and copied them onto a word document. Each one looked weird like tiny dots and sticks. Now I wanted to play hang man for some reason.

"Hey honey, whatcha doing?" My mum nosily asked, peeping her head around the corner of my door. "Is that homework?"

Her jaw practically dropped and her eyes widened. She looked so surprised that I was doing homework.

"So is this due in for tomorrow or...........?" She leant against my door frame, as she brushed her blonde hair away from her face.

"We got given it today and I have a partner. Who is coming over by the way." I hesitated a little, knowing exactly what was coming next.