Chapter 11

Lucas:
Laughing and talking, we walked home from school, Rosa's eyes sparkling with joy. Turning around though, I just knew that something bad was about to happen.
"Oh hey losers," Kyle mocked, walking up to us laughing continuously. Choosing to ignore him, I grabbed Rosa's hand and tried to lead her away.
"Don't ignore me," He shouted, getting a little annoyed. "Ohhh you just march away with your freak of a girlfriend." As I continued to pull Rosa along, I wanted to hit Kyle so bad. The only thing stopping me, was the thought that it may upset Rosa or something. But Kyle was really starting to push his luck.
"Why do you still hang out with that stupid freak?" He said, getting a little too cocky now, "I mean, it took sixteen years for someone to actually adopt her." That was it - he had crossed the line. Letting go of Rosa, I ran up to him, punching his stupid face. As he punched me back, I saw Rosa trying to pull him away from me. Stupidly, Kyle elbowed her chest knocking her onto the ground. Now he was so far away from the line that he couldn't even see it anymore. Jumping up, I smashed my fist into his nose several times, his blood smeared on my hand. Blood smudged on his face, he thrust me on the floor and started to drive his boot into my stomach.
"How do you like it," he screamed, continuously striking me as hard as he could.
"Stop, stop it!" Rosa cried, as she got back up but he didn't stop. "Pleeeaase." I couldn't move, the pain in my gut growing at every second. Then I realized he had stopped, but I had no idea why. Looking up, I watched Kyle squirm of the floor, screaming in pain. Confused, I looked at Rosa, whose focus was fixed upon him. Limping over to her, I thought that this may have been what Ethan was talking about - how he said she was more powerful than any of us. Kyle continued to howl as he writhed in agony on the ground. Quickly, I shoved Rosa on to her side, breaking her focus. While Kyle turned away from us, leaning on Rosa, I teleported us back to my room.
"Don't do that again," I panted once we were finally sitting on my bed.
"Fine, but he did deserve it," she answered, as I glared at her unnervingly, "just lift up your shirt." Confused, I did as she told me to feeling a little intimidated. Who wouldn't, she had made Kyle scream in pain just by looking at him. As Rosa looked down at me, she gasped at the sight of my blood running down my body.
"Alright, you stay here and rest okay, don't get up," she ordered, when she had finished wrapping bandages around me.
"Fine, but you have to stay too," I said, pulling her back on the bed when she tried to get up.
"I have homework to do sorry," she apologised, but I still pulled her down onto the bed.
"No, you can't," I laughed, trying to make her stay because I didn't want to be alone. "I want you to stay."
"Then make me." She teased jumping up as I went to run after her. Falling over, my stomach hurt so bad as if i had cut it all over again. Stopping dead, Rosa helped me sit back up onto the bed, stopping the pain.
"I'm so sorry," she mumbled, kneeling beside me her hands resting on mine. "Your hurt and it's all my fault."
"No I'm fine," I lied, and clearly she knew because she looked at me like I was being stupid. "It isn't your fault." Suddenly, her hands started to glow purple, burning my skin and glowing brighter the more upset she got. When she finally realised, she rapidly removed her hands sending shock waves which flung me off the bed.
"I'm so sorry," she started, as she helped me back up onto the bed, "I'm just the worst per-." Not letting her finish that sentence, I brushed my lips against hers, kissing her softly.
"And you kissed me," she said, a little surprised after I had stopped, "why?"
"I really like you," I admitted before she grabbed my shirt, kissing me again a lot rougher than I had. She is such a good kisser I thought kissing her back.
"Thank you," she said, smiling at me after we stopped, "yeah, I realised I could read minds awhile ago."
"Yeah I think we need to tell the others soon," I said, stating the obvious as she started to get up.
"Oh but you might want to wipe my lipstick off your mouth first," she giggled making me go red as she walked out the door.