Chapter 18

Lucas:
We were all together downstairs, thinking of how we were going to get Rosa back but the room was almost silent. I watched as Ethan paced around the room, his hands in his pockets while he fiddled with his keys, looking as though he may punch his hand through the wall. Breaking the silence, my phone vibrated in my pocket, making a sound on the wooden chair as everyone looked up at me. Grabbing my phone out my pocket, I noticed someone had sent me a message, but I had no idea who. Confused, I unlocked my phone and opened the message, but I wish I never had. I guessed from the message that it was from the person that kidnapped Rosa. Attached to the message was a photo, but I wished I hadn't looked at it. In it, was Rosa handcuffed to chair, screaming in pain. You could see the tears flowing down her flushed face and the fear clear in her eyes. Unfortunately, I could see the glint of the bracelet James had given her earlier, the one that meant she couldn't use any of her powers. Avery walked over to me, curious as to why I looked so worried and upset. When she grabbed my phone, she dropped it when she saw the picture but quickly picked it back up to read the message.
"Tell me where you live or I will kill Rosa without hesitation," she read out loud, "if you want anymore proof, then you can see her dead." Rapidly, Ethan swiped the phone out of Avery's hand and examined the picture. He hugged it close to his chest as he sat down on the sofa, his hands starting to glow red like Rosa's.
"It's all my fault," I exclaimed, making everyone look towards me, "I should have known this would happen."
"Lucas, how would you know this would happen?" Avery asked suspiciously, as I looked away and bit my lip. "Lucas!?" There was no escaping it, I had to them the truth, even if it meant I got in a lot of trouble.
"This may not have been this first time someone tried to kidnap her," I mumbled, barely audible, while everyone looked at me with such shock in their faces.
"You're an idiot," Ethan snapped at me as he put my phone back on the table. "What were thinking? Why didn't you tell anyone?" I shrugged as I reached to get my phone off the table, everyone looking at me like they couldn't believe me. Studying the photo, I decided that I should probably text the address, after all, they may be serious and end up killing Rosa. We couldn't let them just do that.
"I'm gonna tell them the address," I finally said looking at their shocked expressions. "What? We can't just let them kill her." As I typed in the address, everyone just nodded their heads in despair knowing that this was the only way we were going to get Rosa back.
"I'm gonna literally kill them," I growled, once I pressed the send button, scared for what may happen now. "If they hurt her, then I am gonna kill them without question." When I said this, everyone looked towards me, knowing exactly how felt but there was definite disbelief in their eyes.