Chapter 8

Ethan:
We were all sat in the living room, discussing what we were going to do.
"So we're going to adopt her then," I exclaimed, clapping my hands, unsure whether I was excited or scared.
"Well you are," Avery said, looking at me, a shocked expression grew on my face. "Don't look so shocked, you are her father after all." That did make sense, but if she found out I was her father then, what if she then hates me? I stared at my hands, making the others laugh, but only confused me.
"You do realise that's exactly what Rosa does," Lily explained, "you two are very alike, you know."

Lucas:
I ran after her, too far behind shouting out her name hoping she would come back. Watching her, she ran straight into my building, so I ran faster, now I knew where she was going to. As I burst through the door, everyone looked at me. Giving them all a sorry expression, I went to run back upstairs but Avery grabbed the back of my shirt, pulling me back.
"Let me talk to her," She said softly, letting go of my shirt, and then glared at Ethan, "come on let's go."
Reluctantly, he got up and followed Avery upstairs leaving me standing there confused.

Rosa:
I lay there on the bed crying, thinking about how stupid I was to say that in front of almost everyone. Everything they said was true though, I am a freak and don't belong anywhere. Either, people are really mean to me or it's really awkward and is just silence. The only person I feel comfortable with is Lucas, but he's gonna end up getting hurt because of me. I looked up to see Ethan and another Lady walk into the room and sat next to me on the bed.
"Are you ok sweetie?" the lady asked, but I just looked down at my hands. "I'm Avery by the way."
"They called me a freak," I finally said as I looked up at her, Ethan looking sad and guilty - but I had no idea why. "Just because I'm an orphan."
"Oh honey, who said that?" She questioned, giving me a bit of a hug.
"Kyle, but everyone was there laughing at me and agreeing with him," I cried, a tear creeping down my face, which Avery wiped away.
"Don't listen to them, they know nothing of how wonderful you are," Ethan whispered, surprising both me and Avery, although she smiled at him. "Look, Rosa, I was wondering if it was ok if I adopted you?" I looked up at him, overcome with joy, finally going to have a family. Earlier, I had thought he would be the person I got to know the least, let alone adopt me. Standing back up, I hugged him, more than I ever have to anyone - I was no longer going to be alone. He hugged me back slowly, as if he didn't know whether he should or shouldn't.
"Come on, let's make it official," he said, as I went to run out the door, knowing this would be the last time I would have to go back to that horrible place. Running downstairs, I said bye to a very confused Lucas and ran out the door more excited than ever.

Unknown:
I sat in the car, watching the girl and her father enter the orphanage. Rosa's supervisor walked out and was about to hit her, but of course Ethan just had to spoil my fun, as usual. He grabbed the woman's hand blocking her shot, while Rosa covered her head, trying to protect herself.
"Don't you ever, touch her again!" He growled at the woman, his hands starting to glow. He quickly tried to calm down, dimming the light on his hands. Luckily for him, no one noticed, or so he thought. They all walked inside, and I guessed that Ethan was adopting Rosa. If he was, then my plan was going better than I thought. Soon enough she would have the information I needed to take what will be mine.