Chapter 22

Lucas:
I watched as Avery was flung through the window and Ethan ran to help her. Then I looked towards Rosa, who was making her way towards the others, laughing mischievously like Damon does. Just then, thunder started to clap, and lightning struck down, barely missing Rosa. As I turned to James, I could see that lightning was dancing around every inch of his body while Rosa started to grow madder each second. Her hands started to glow brighter and brighter until she was practically blinding and everything around her lifted off of the ground.
"Kill them all Rosa," Damon demanded, laughing as he watched us all. Rosa smiled as she began to shoot whatever she could towards my mum and James. While James was shooting lightning at Rosa, my mum was fighting Damon's men in the form of a tiger, her mouth and paws coated with their blood. When everyone was fighting, no one realised that I was in one of the vans, sabotaging their equipment. Once I pressed the last button that shut down all of their communicators, I teleported right behind Rosa who was now making James and my mum lift off of the ground. Before I could stop her, she took one look at them and they began to scream in pain, louder than I have ever heard, especially my mum.
"Rosa!?" I screamed, smashing a rock on her head as she fell to the ground, making the screams stop. "Stop it!" She looked at me as though I had broken her heart, but that didn't last long at all. Rapidly, her sadness was replaced with anger and she shot me up so high into the air, that if I hit the ground I would definitely die. But I had plan. Focusing, I teleported back to where Rosa was standing, the frustration clear in her eyes. Once again, she shot me back up into the air higher this time, however, I just teleported back to her. We played this game for ages until she started getting really frustrated and looked like she was about to burst.
"You know you don't wanna do this," I whispered to her, as humanity started to fade back into her eyes. "Rosa, please." I could see the humanity in her eyes fade in and out of her eyes, and I guessed what I was doing was working. When we were face to face, I put my hands on her waist as I felt her tense up, making me scared that she was about to kill me in five seconds. Softly, I brushed my lips against hers, as I could feel her relax and caress her lips against mine. She wrapped her arms around me pulling me tighter to her while everyone else was looking towards us. As soon as we pulled away, I could see her smiling at me with her pearly teeth, before the ground underneath us began to shake violently.
"No, no, no, no, NO!" Damon shrieked, as he made the ground underneath us split us apart. Between was a miniature canyon, making it so neither of us could get down, knocking me off of my feet.
"You aren't supposed to feel anything!" Damon screamed again, as he pulled out a control panel, pressing a red button. When nothing happened, Damon just looked extremely confused as he continuously pushed the button, but I knew exactly what had happened. I had sabotaged all their electronics, so that control panel, wasn't going to work. Throwing the panel away in frustration, he moved his mountain of dirt closer to Rosa, so that they we practically joined together. Stumbling, Rosa tried walk backwards, never taking her eyes off Damon, clearly petrified of him. He laughed as he made the ground wrap around her feet, making it impossible for her to go anywhere. I could hear my mum and James cry out to her, but the ground sank under their feet like quick sand. Indecisively, I didn't know whether I wanted to save Rosa or my mum and James, but I decided that they would die in a few seconds. However, when I turned back to look at Rosa, Damon had a gun pointed to her head.