Chapter 24

Rosa:
I sat watching him lie there, still and quiet, not moving a single muscle. After Lucas had been shot, my Dad rushed him to the hospital, with Avery. Luckily, neither of them had died, and Avery had already made a full recovery. However, Lucas had to have so many different operations and he still hadn't woken up or moved at all. The doctors had told us that there was a very slim chance that he would ever wake up.

For a few days, I hadn't left his side, scared that he would wake up and be alone. I hadn't eaten or slept, and I was so exhausted and hungry, it wouldn't hurt if I went to sleep would it? Resting my head on the back of my seat, I gently closed my eyes and slept. I was definitely sleep deprived because I fell asleep almost the second I closed my eyes.

Ethan:
I walked into the room where Rosa and Lucas were and both were basically fast asleep. Sitting in the chair by Rosa, I watched them both, so peaceful, yet so torn. Smiling, I brushed Rosa's soft hair out of her face, revealing her smooth skin and thin, rosy lips. To me, she was like a rose, absolutely gorgeous, however, they always hide in winter and whither away, leaving almost no trace that they were ever there.

Avery walked into the room covered in bandages, her hair up in a messy bun and her left arm in a cast. Faintly, she smiled at me, while Rosa stirred in her sleep, waking up at the sound of Avery's footsteps. When she saw Avery, her face went pale before she went to get up.
"I'm sorry," she apologised, walking over to the door, "I should probably just go." Before she could walk out of the door, Avery grabbed her arm and dragged her back in.
"It's okay," Avery smiled, letting Rosa in for a hug, but I could see the sadness and guilt in her eyes. "It wasn't your fault, it was my stupid brother." At this, both me and Rosa looked at her, and she knew she needed to explain.

"I have two sisters and two brothers, all of which have elemental superpowers like me, and I'm the second oldest," she sighed, a little reluctantly as she sat down by Lucas' feet. "Fei is the oldest out of all of us, and her power is air, which means her powers vary from quite a lot of different things. She used to work with Damon, both of them trying to rule the world. For ages I just tried to shut them out until one day Fei disappeared off the face of the earth, and Damon ran off." Both me and Rosa watched Avery intensely, waiting for her to say more about her family, and hopefully clear a few things up. Looking very uncomfortable, she exhaled, straightening herself up in her chair, as she brushed her golden hair out of her face.
"Then the two youngests are the twins, Crystal and Cove," both me and Rosa began to singer as Avery shook her head, trying her hardest not to laugh along with us. "I know, they got bullied in school for their names."
"Poor kids," I choked, forcing myself to stop laughing, "what was your mum thinking?"

For a few minutes, we were all just howling at the twins' names, completely forgetting that we were in a hospital. The more one of us chortled, the more they made the rest of us laugh, the twins' names weren't even that funny.

After a while, a nurse stormed into the room, demanding everyone to hush as there were several other patients outside, some of which probably breathing in their last few breaths.
"Anyway, Crystal has ice based powers and Cove has water, that's all you really need to know about them," Avery explained as soon as the nurse was out of earshot. "Oh and, they are the only two of my siblings that I actually like."

Days and days passed, several different people came and left the hospital to visit Lucas. We all spent most of our time there, especially Rosa, she had given up all of her weekends to stay with Lucas, and she practically lived in the hospital now. There was no way this was healthy for her mentally, but unfortunately, she wouldn't listen to anyone who told that, she came whether we liked it or not - and that's one thing I love about, her passion, like her mother.