Chapter 10

Rosa:
I ran downstairs confused and shocked, was what Lucas told me last night true? Did they all have superpowers? I had a million questions, which I wanted answers to. As I barged in the living room, everyone stared at me, my cheeks started going red as I was being a little dramatic.
"Is it true that you guys all have powers?" I asked, most of them shocked that I knew this.
"Who told you that," Lily (Lucas' mum) asked right before Lucas skidded out of the kitchen.
"Rosa!?" He cried crashing over the sofa and the flipped over onto Avery, who pushed him onto the floor with a spiteful grin on her face.
"Why do I even ask?" Lily said before she turned to shout at Lucas. "Lucas Adam Sallow, you know not to tell anyone, anyone, that we have powers." As she shouted at him, Lucas started to go scarlet as he got up and sat in a chair, tripping over his own feet.
"Lily, it's ok she was going to find out soon enough," Ethan calmly said, as I sat in a chair across them all.
"Why did you adopt me?" I questioned, as Ethan looked down at his hands. "I mean, I don't have any powers, I'm just a normal girl."
"No," He demanded making me jump as if he were teling me off, "you, uh are actually a lot more powerful than any of us here." This really confused me, how would he know that, I never even knew that there were people that did have powers. Thankfully, he went on to explain everything. He told me that he was actually my birth father and he and my mother left me at an orphanage to protect me from these people who wanted my power. Sadly, he told me about how my mother died trying to save me and how he was too scared. He said that he was too scared to come back for me, that he wouldn't make a good father or I'd remind him of my mother too much. Unfortunately, he had just assumed that I would be better off at the orphanage than I would be with him - but he was wrong, very wrong. All this time, he could have come back for me, he could have spared me the trauma of living with that evil woman. This made me so angry, why couldn't he have just come back, why did he have to leave me there? Why, why why? I walked over to him and gave him a hug, making him think I was fine with all this, but I wasn't. I didn't know how I could be. Most of my life I thought I had no parents and no one who cared. Every night, I would cry myself to sleep wishing I was wrong, and I was, but it was too late.

Unknown:
I was back at my hideout, furious that he had failed. As I dunked his head in water, I felt so guilty, it was all my fault that this failed. If I had sent more men out, then this wouldn't have happened, after all, I knew they both had superpowers. The man whose head I was holding in a bucket of water started to drown as he gave away his last few breaths of air. This is exactly what happens when someone fails me, and the more people that fail, the more people drown.