Chapter 21

Avery:
I can't believe Damon told them all that, I thought we had a deal and plus on top of that, he was still putting on the act that he was evil - brothers. Waving the others off, I shot fireballs towards Damon one of them setting his coat ablaze. Patting it down, he ordered his men to attack as bullets went flying all over the place. Blasting myself up, I landed on the mound of earth where Damon was, as I tried to make him fall off. All around the edge, I made a ring of fire making it impossible for Damon to escape. Grabbing him by his black shirt, I held him above the fire, almost burning him in it like a marshmellow.
"Call off your men and bring us Rosa," I demanded, as I could see the fear growing in his eyes.
"Fine, you want Rosa, you can have her," he snickered, before he pressed a button on his belt as all of the men stopped. Another black van drove outside of the apartment as I threw Damon out of my grasp. The door of the van slid open, and I prayed that Rosa would come out. When she did, I felt overjoyed that she was okay and was still alive, but there was something about her that was different. As she stepped out, I could see her eyes had been coloured black and there was nothing else there. I snatched Damon by his neck, cutting of his airway as he struggled for air.
"What did you do to her," I screamed, but he just shrugged and gave me a mischievous grin. Then, I could feel something dragging me back which then flung me off of the mountain of earth. Hitting my head on the concrete I could see Rosa standing above me, her hands glowing purple but her eyes jet black. There was Ethan running towards me, panic in his face as I slowly got back up, flames burning brighter in my eyes. As I shot fire at Rosa, she went flying backwards, crashing through one of the vans. Approaching her, I thought she may be dead but that question was answered the second I was in front of her. Quicker than a cat, she grabbed me by my neck, lifting me up off the ground as her grasp became stronger and stronger. Kicking my legs, I tried to break free, but I couldn't and I was running out of oxygen. Fortunately, Ethan ran up to us and blew Rosa backwards, sadness clear in his navy blue eyes. However, whatever we did, she always got back up and there was no way she was backing down, or at least that's what I thought.
Continuously, she fired what she could towards me and Ethan, stones, branches, glass and even cars. Lily and James (not from Harry Potter, I didn't mean to do that) continued to fight against Damon's men, but I couldn't see Lucas anywhere in sight. Suddenly, I regretted getting distracted for even a few seconds, because Rosa sent me flying through the glass and into the apartments. Glass sliced through my skin, as blood poured through my clothes and coated the stone floor. Ethan rushed inside, trying to stop the bleeding, but the glass was digging into my skin. Everything was getting so dark, and the sound of Ethan's voice was fading away. Finally, everything became black and there was nothing.