Guilt

After Pixis' grand speech that had actually inspired and assured the hundreds of soldiers standing down below, that if they were to die today, that it would not be for nothing, that their death would have a purpose.

Having been an MP for a number of years and graduating top of his class, Y/N was given a squad to lead back into Trost. Their job was simple, they were to find Titans and lead them to the north west part of the wall, where a large number of soldiers had gathered in order to keep the Titans away from Eren's position.

His squad consisted of Reiner, Bertholdt, two Garrison soldiers and another MP that he barely knew. It didn't matter how they dealt with the Titans, hell, he'd be up for just killing them, but the plan was to lead them to a larger group, and in theory, make it much easier to eradicate them with the cannons once the district was sealed up.

However, there was red smoke fired into the sky at one point, meaning that the mission had either failed or something had went horribly wrong.

"Look, red smoke." One of the Garrison soldiers pointed out. "That means the mission failed, right?" She asked.

"It means the mission suffered a setback." Y/N told her. "We keep going as planned. Lead the Titans to the north west of the wall. We all saw the bright light, it's not over until the red flare comes from the Commander."

"Are you serious Y/N?" The MP asked him. "We were doomed from the start. Trusting a Titan to help us."

"Yes, I am serious." Y/N responded with. "I am the Squad Leader here. You'll do what you're fucking told. You don't have to fucking jump in a Titan's mouth, just let them follow you."

"You don't even know my name." The MP let out an exasperated breath. "You don't care at all, you just stroll around all day on your own, thinking you're the best around."

"Of course I know your name... Casper?" He guessed, what a shitty person he was.

"Caspian. But nice try anyway." He corrected him.

"Alright Caspian, if you wanna leave, just go. I'm sure we'll be fine without you here." Y/N told him, an annoyed look on his face.

"I'm going to join up with the others at the wall." Caspian informed him. "I'd suggest the rest of you do the same, unless you want to be led by someone who doesn't care about anyone but himself."

After that small mutiny, Y/N was left with just him Reiner and Bertholdt, however, Eren had also begun to lift the boulder after a while, but since half the squad had basically mutinied and left, there was no point in leading Titans anywhere, so what they decided to do was discuss the situation they were in, and Y/N was not happy with what Reiner decided to propose.

"You will not go after him Reiner." Y/N threatened the tall and buff blonde. "He is going to be my bait to get the Founding Titan out of hiding, not your pathetic attempt at getting off this island!"

"It's been five years without so much as a trace of the Founding Titan." Reiner shot back with. "We don't have forever, we need to just cut our losses and leave this hell while we still can."

"I am not leaving this shithole of an island without the Founding Titan Reiner." Y/N spat out at him. "If you want to leave now and have your Titan taken away, that's fine by me. I'll even write a letter of recommendation for whatever Warrior candidates there are, but I am not leaving without the Founding Titan."

"It's useless Y/N. Annie's been scouring the inner walls for years." He told him. "Even with the information you gave us about the Reiss Family, there's nothing to be found. Nobody knows anything, and nobody wants to say anything. If we bring back something, it'll be better than nothing."