Enemies Of The State

Once the two squads had been split up once again, this time Levi sending Petra and Oluo off with Hange and what was let of her squad to help her deal with the murder of Dimo Reeves and to clear the Scouts name in Trost.

Levi's group were camped out in a forest outside of Stohess, with Jean, Armin and Mikasa being sent to the city to get supplies that they needed. Levi couldn't go anywhere, because his face was plastered all over the papers being spread around like wildfire.

"Captain!" Jean called out as they arrived back at the camp. "We bought the supplies."

Armin approached Captain Levi with one of the flyers from the city, handing it to him. "The MP's were handing out these flyers." Levi took a look, there was a rather insulting portrayal of his face on the front. "If this is true, the Scouts will be disbanded. They say they'll be hunting for us in the mountains tonight. They're also posting guards on all the vital roads, no one can get through them without a pass. Captain, what now?"

"We need to hurry and find Eren." Mikasa suggested, though she wasn't going to take no for an answer without a fight.

"He'll be fine." Levi shut her idea down for now. "They're taking him on a wagon. That gives us one day before they reach Reiss' estate. And we need every second we can get to come up with a plan."

"Why'd you figure they'd be there?" Y/N spoke up. "I spent years trying to find where they scattered to. Not even a sniff."

"Because Kenny thinks he killed you." Levi told him. "For a psycho, he never shuts up. With any luck, they'll also think you're dead, for the time being at least."

"Captain, I hear footsteps." Sasha whispered, alerting every one of the group. "Sounds like they're approaching."

In the treeline, two MP's were patrolling the area. One Hitch Deryse and Marlowe Freudenberg, the male was talking about the Scouts, and why they would murder a civilian like Dimo Reeves.

"Why would the Scouts murder a civilian and run for the hills?" Marlowe pondered aloud. "This is the same group of soldiers who consistently risk their lives for the sake of humanity."

"Gimme a break." Hitch had enough of his babbling. "Did you forget? Think about what they did to Stohess. The way they turned it into a battlefield. How many dead bodies do you think we carried?" She asked. "Annie's been missing ever since, they still haven't taken her junk out of my room. It's annoying."

"But in doing so, the Scouts also uncovered a Titan in hiding." Marlowe pointed out. "And took it prisoner. I highly doubt that the Military Police could've done that. How is disbanding the Scouts whats best for humanity."

"Be quiet." Hitch raised her rifle, hearing something from the river, Marlowe following suit. "Listen closely." As they listened, they could hear something or someone splashing water lightly.

Advancing towards the sound, they spotted a hooded figure kneeling by the river. "Don't move." Marlowe ordered. "Turn around slowly." The figure did as they were told. "You must be a Scout." Marlowe concluded. "Not a sound. Don't say a word. Now listen, do exactly as I instruct you-"

It was too late for them as Mikasa and Levi had both swooped in from above, holding their blades to each MP's neck.

"That's the way." Levi complimented Armin for his calm performance. "Now hand over your guns to the one in front." He was ordering them now.

Reluctantly, Hitch and Marlowe did as they were told, handing their guns to Armin who came and collected them. "Don't say a word, right?" Armin jested.

Within minutes, their gear was stripped and they were tied up on the riverbank, on their knees in front of the group of Scouts. Jean then handed Levi their assignment papers.