One Last Charge

Pieck didn't know what to make of the situation they currently found themselves in. One one hand, the battle on this side of the Wall wasn't exactly going to plan.

War Chief Zeke's Titans were being slaughtered when they reached the row of houses. Reiner had said the people of the Walls generally struggled in fighting Titans, and with the fact that most of their veterans were dead according to him, so how were they dealing with Zeke's Titan army so well?

Then there was Bertholdt, he had just been thrown into the city, but there had been no light, so obviously there was an issue. Had they defeated Reiner? Why had he turned instead of killing the horses like planned? Their objective was to hold position and kill anyone who tried to retake the Wall.

Marley had gotten tired of waiting, and with the information that they had relayed back from their reconnaissance, Marley had been mobilising their Army and Navy to invade the island, kill the islanders and plunder the riches that the raw materials that were held under the island itself.

Though now she'd been ordered to flank right by Zeke to get a look at that Titan they'd spotted earlier. It had screamed when Pieck made her move earlier to rejoin the War Chief just after Reiner had transformed, so it was obviously intelligent, but which Titan could it have been?

The Female Titan was one, which would have been a shame, because Pieck thought Annie was somewhat interesting, but Annie was smart, she wouldn't have let herself get captured so easily. It could be the Founding Titan, that could explain why the pure Titans were even dumber than usual, but Zeke definitely would've noticed if he'd lost control of his Titans.

Then there was the War Hammer Titan, she knew it was on the island because of what Reiner and Bertholdt told them when they found them on the wall, and they also knew that Y/N had went back to the Walls with the Devils of the Island. Though Zeke held off on reporting that to Magath, because he'd made the assumption that Y/N was smart enough to realise what would happen to the rest of his family if he had betrayed Marley. Influential or not, they'd be sent straight to their deaths as a Titan under Zeke's command.

The hope was that Y/N hadn't been killed when he went back to the walls with the Devils and that he would come here with them to lead them all to their deaths. Although there had been no sign of him or his Titan anywhere, though she had felt like she was being watched earlier while she hid in the inner town, there would only be one person that side of the battlefield that knew about her Titan and her abilities.

She trotted forward on all fours, moving behind and around the formation of Titans all the way towards the wall, being sure to keep an eye out for any of the enemy soldiers that tried to move and attack her. For now the coast was clear, but as she moved passed the Titans, she got glances into the rows of houses, and the Titans were running into buildings that the soldiers were on before they were cut down, she hadn't seen a single dead body on her way to look along the line of houses next to the wall.

Arriving at the last Titan, she went round it, poking her long head forward. There was the Titan, sitting with its back against the wall, doing nothing, it was just sitting there, like it was dead, but it wasn't decaying, so it had to be alive. Though as she stepped forward once more to look closer, she was suddenly grabbed by the Titan right next to her, and another moved in to grab her and keep her held in place.

"Pieck, don't panic when they let you go." That voice, it had been about six years since she'd heard it, but she remembered it belonging to Y/N, but how was she hearing him right now? "Just listen to me for a minute, then you can go back to Zeke."

"You're talking to me through your thoughts." It was a statement of fact, she was even sharper than he remembered. "And you're on their side, why would I listen to you?"