Making Contact

A/N- Hello again everyone. I just wanted to say thanks for everyone reading this story. However, I've recently began writing an Attack on Titan High School story at the moment, but I'm not sure if I'll continue writing it or not, so I wanted to know what you guys would think of it.
Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Year 849

Petra came back from her first expedition without a scratch, well aside from the fact that she had pissed herself on the expedition, and when Y/N realised what the stain on her white pants after realising that it hadn't been raining, he couldn't help himself from bursting out laughing.

He looked like a psychopath laughing out loud at the Scouts when everyone else was focused the dead that they were carrying in their carts at the back, Y/N couldn't stop himself no matter how hard he tried.

Petra on the other hand felt so embarrassed, not only had she wet herself on her first expedition, but her boyfriend had not only seen her, but felt the need to start laughing at her, she could count the number of times she had seen him laugh on one hand, yet he found this so hilarious.

She pulled her hood up and over her head, trying her hardest to cover her face to avoid any further embarrassment from anyone else that noticed what had happened to her, but hey, at least she wasn't dead, that was just about the only positive thing she could have thought of at that moment.

Every expedition started and ended the same for Y/N, watching her leave with dread in his heart, and when she came back every time, he was elated, though the only difference being that she didn't continue to wet herself every expedition, that was a one time thing as he liked to point out to her whenever they were able to spend time together.

What little time they could spend together after being separated for months at a time was used very efficiently, not a second was wasted between them, and as Petra came to find out, the living quarters for MP's wrre far nicer than the ones in the Scouts, and the beds were so much better than the wooden planks the Scouts called a mattress.

For two years he had been stuck in a seemingly endless cycle of working as an MP, patrolling the streets of Trost and occasionally the town on the inner part of Wall Rose, getting absolutely zero information about where the Reiss family was hiding at whenever he got a day off and spending what little time he had leftover with Petra, not that he minded the last thing, because she was the best part of his life at the moment.

However, one night the MP's were called to the 104th Cadet Corps training camp to investigate and arrest thieves who had tried to steal ODM gear and kidnap one of the cadets, and because he knew his fellow warriors were there, now was the perfect time to make contact with them.

Although first he had to go through Keith Shadis, his old instructor and current instructor of the 104th Cadet Corps, and it was only now that Y/N realised how much the man had aged since the day he had taken over as head instructor at the cadets.

"Instructor Shadis." Y/N greeted the man with a handshake, which Shadis was happy to return now that they were Military equals and he was no longer a cadet. "It's nice to see you again given the circumstances."

"You don't have to lie to my face Y/N." Shadis said, his voice a lot tamer than he remembered it. "I'm just glad to see that you're actually being put to work in the Military Police, a lot of cadets that join just become wasted talent, I do hope you haven't neglected your training."

"It's the Military Police Instructor Shadis, nobody does anything aside from the new recruits, like me for example, hence why I'm here instead of the higher ranking officers." He explained, which Shadis grunted at in agreement. "As for the criminals, we've taken them into custody, but I'd like to talk to some of the recruits and take their statements about what happened."