The Scouts

"I want a transfer."

"Hmm." The Sergeant looked up from his desk, actually doing some work for once because of the shortage of hands. "What was that? Sounded like you said you wanted a transfer?"

"That's because I did say that Sir." Y/N responded with.

"Look, I get that this place is a shithole now, especially after what happened." The Sergeant replied. "But we are understaffed as it is, even with you serving in the invasion and the retake of Trost, it'll be very difficult to find a district on the interior that needs more MP's."

"No, I don't want to move to another district Sir." Y/N told him. "I want to change regiments entirely. I want a transfer to the Scouts."

"For..." The Sergeant stopped himself from swearing. "If it's because of that Titan kid, you'd be better off waiting to see the outcome of the trial at least." He suggested. "No point in switching before it happens, because the Military Police won't take you back, you'll have to go through the Garrison, only after your first expedition though."

"The Scouts are bound to get a chance to use him in the field." Y/N told him. "I believe that they have humanity's best interests at heart, and I want to join them."

"Alright then." The Sergeant pinched the bridge of his nose, rummaging through the drawers in his desk for the papers that were needed. "Don't say I didn't warn you." He handed him two sheets of paper. "Fill these in, hand one back to me and keep the other, give it to the Scout recruiter when the cadets pick their regiments."

"Thank you Sir." Y/N nodded in appreciation, one of the first times he had done that while in the MP's, it was rare to see his commanding officer sober, usually he was drinking and playing cards, but it was refreshing to not smell the stench of alcohol.

Now the only thing left for him to do was fill in the forms, join the Scouts and try to keep Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt away from Eren all while keeping his identity as a Titan hidden. He had a few ideas up his sleeve with how to go about that.

The next few days were quite the ride to be honest, the recruiting day was pushed back so that the outcome of the Eren Yeager trial was settled before any decisions were made, then there was the fact that the two Titans that the Scout Regiment had captured had been killed by two assailant.

He knew it was those three that did it, and it made him angry to know they did it without even coming to find him and tell him first. It was a very stupid thing to do, because they weren't actually likely to learn anything from those Titans in a short space of time.

The worst part was the ODM Gear inspection that took place afterwards, he cursed those three and hoped that they got caught because of this, because they'd get what they deserved and he'd be able to do things his way.

Nevertheless, nobody was arrested by the Military Police, and Y/N could go on his way to joining the Scouting Regiment at their recruiting ceremony or whatever it was that they called it.

It was basically pitch black by the time it started, with the Cadets all lined up in formation facing the stage, torches lit up all around to provide light for the speech the recruiter was about to give.

A tall, blonde man walked out onto the stage as they finished lining up. "Good Evening." He greeted them. "I am Erwin Smith. Commander of the Survey Corps, also known as the Scouting Regiment."

"Today, you will choose your regiment," he informed them. "Let's cut to the chase here. The Scouts need you. We need all the warm bodies we can get. After the recent Titan attack, you now know firsthand the horror of which they are capable...as well as the limits of your own skill. However, this battle's aftermath gave humanity a big chance for victory. I refer to Eren Yeager. After selflessly risking life and limb, he has proven beyond a doubt his unwavering loyalty to our cause. Hope lives in him. Eren didn't just help deter the Titan invasion; he's offered us a means to discern the truth of their origin."