Operation Hellfire

It had been five months since the Mid-East Alliance had declared war on Marley and invaded in the east. The people of Marley, especially those further away from the fighting didn't seem to express much of an interest in how the war was going.

Conscription for Marleyan citizens had been removed years ago, and while they could still volunteer and sign up for the Army or the Navy, conscription was a requirement for people of nations that Marley had conquered, add to that the Eldian Unit that worked with the Warrior Unit, and it led to a huge amount of people in the Army.

However, this in on itself was not enough to win a war, and the Mid-East Alliance had started as they meant to go on, by crushing Marley on land and at sea. In the time that it had taken for the Warrior Unit to actually get to the front lines, the Mid-East had already taken several coastal towns and cities, having been helped with the assistance of their much stronger Naval Fleet.

They had quite literally stormed their way through the eastern border, now occupying an additional seventy miles worth of land from east to west, and although the Warrior Unit had initially forced them back, they had already moved their forces northwards, where they had taken the entirety of the land right next to the Sturmza Canal, and while they didn't control the canal outright, they pushed for control of the coastal regions, meaning that there was no longer guaranteed safety for ships passing through, which severely impacted cities on the east coast like Odiha and Liberio, which would now require ships to sail all the way up north passed Acirfa to get there.

"It sounds to me like you aren't struggling that much." Y/N, who was sat in his uncle's office with General Calvi, leaning back on the chair with his feet kicked up on the desk. "You stopped their advance, just hold your ground, doesn't seem like you're that desperate to come to me just yet."

General Calvi, who looked quite tired, probably because of all the work he'd been doing recently. He also didn't look particularly pleased about the way Y/N was treating this. "Mr Tybur, you are the most arrogant, full of himself person I have ever met in my life."

"There's very good reason for that General."   Y/N shot back at him. "I have the power of the Founding Titan and War Hammer Titan. I am the most powerful Titan shifter on the planet at the moment, not to mention my status as a Tybur. This makes me one of the most powerful people on the planet."

"Yet another reason the State Secretary was a fool to allow you to remain in control of your choices." General Calvi looked at him in disgust. "Letting an Eldian have so much power seems absurd to me, especially when it isn't just because you possess a strong Titan power. I've never been a fan of the Tybur family, but I never saw reason to care that much, until you decided to help the military where and when you liked."

"If you have a problem with me General, take it up with the State Secretary." Y/N suggested rather bluntly. "He saw it fit that I was able to control my own life after giving my body to Marley to take the Founding Titan away from Paradis Island. I saved the world from the rumbling, yet nobody knows it was me who saved them. Why is that General? Why aren't the people allowed to know who it is that saved them all?"

"That's a question for the State Secretary to answer." Calvi grunted. "I command the Army, I don't run the country."

"You say that, yet you bring me this." Y/N reached for the file that the General had brought with him, opening it up to reveal its contents. "This is an Act of Law setting out the budget expenditure for the war against the Mid-East Alliance this year, except there are some rather... strange inclusions."

"That's what you wanted, isn't it? Part of that bill restricts the actions Public Security and the Military can take on Eldians regarding physical punishments." Calvi informed him. "It'll pass through the Senate tomorrow, all I need is for you to agree to help the Military against the Mid-East Alliance."