Preparation

I woke up in Loki's arms after spending the night with him. He stirred and gripped me tighter, bringing me flush against his body kissing my neck.

"good morning darling" he whispered into my neck.

I rolled over, still half asleep, so I was facing him while he smiled down at me. I rested my head on his chest, tracing is abs.

We spent the early morning in bed as it was supposed to be a quiet day for everyone. Loki read while I caught up with some emails.

It wasn't until I got hungry did we get changed and go for breakfast. We walked down stairs hand in hand laughing.

We both stopped quickly seeing the troubled faces of the other Avengers.

"we have got a slight issue" said Tony not looking up from his screen where he was quickly tapping and swiping.

Thor walked over to us, "your birth father has decided to pay us a visit brother"

Loki tensed next to me but kept a calm facade, "How kind of him" Loki turned to Tony, "I'm guessing Laufrey has come to Midgard for some unknown reason and left a path of destruction, ice or both."

Bruce moved up behind Tony, watching something on his screen before answering Loki, "It's not an unknown reason, we believe he has come to either kill or claim you"

Loki let out a sigh mixed with slight amusement. Tony and Bruce shared a look and a nod before closing down the screen, Tony rubbed his head, "I don't think it is a good idea that y/n comes on this mission"

"You've got to be kidding" I said with a slight laugh, everyone's attention was turned to me, "Do you really expect me to stay here while you go fight?"

"it's too dangerous, what if you get hurt" said Loki softly.

I ignored Loki, "I'm a super soldier and ex assassin for god sake. Bucky and I have the same training and experience but I don't see you telling him he can't go"

Tony gave me an exasperated look while Bucky, Sam and Thor looked proudly at me. Everyone else here could get hurt but that isn't stopping them!"

"y/n, please." Begged Loki.

"No. I'm an Avenger now, you said it yourself Tony. I'm fighting wether you like it or not" I argued, I was pissed at this point.

Thor stepped forward laughing slightly, "Lady y/n go get ready, you coming with us"