Everything Comes With A Cost

"Bruce are you ready?" Asked Steve into comms.

"Nearly, I'm in position. But the big guy isn't sure wether he wants to come out." replied Bruce who was positioned on the edge of a clearing to the left of the entrance.

Steve and I were on motorbikes, weaving between the hedgehogs and killing every Hydra agent in sight. Natasha and Clint had worked their way to the outside, stopping Hydra agents from surrounding us. Wanda and Pietro used their powers to disarm Agents. Tony, Thor and Sam took out agents from the sky.

"On your left Cap" warned Sam through comms. Both Steve and I looked left to see a large tank coming through the clearing.

"Bruce, time to get angry" I told Bruce through comms as I accelerated. Almost immediately the Hulk had made an appearance, jumping on top of the tank and ripping parts off it before jumping off it as it exploded.

Bullets started to rain down on us from a machine gun. I took a hit to the arm, "Fuck!" We both swerved, "Someone handle the browning please" I said into comms.

"On it" replied Sam. Redwing soon appeared, sending a missile which blew it up.

"Y/n are you ok?!" Shouted Steve.

"I'm fine!" I lied, the pain in my arm was almost overwhelming and the material of my suit was slowly dampening with my blood. But I did my best to ignore it, I activated my comms "When your ready Tony"

Tony took his signal, blowing up the shield around the building.

"I'll see you on the other side Cap!" I shouted with a strained smile before putting my foot down, heading straight to the newly made hole.

I totalled the motorbike, taking out more agents before diving through the wall. Natasha closely followed me, together we cleared rooms of agents.

I kicked down a fourth door, "Clear!" I shouted to Natasha. I continued down the hall after not getting a reply to find Natasha locked in combat with Bucky.

I took a running jump and planted my knee into Bucky's back, allowing Natasha to regain her advantage.

Bucky turned, punching me in the nose causing my eyes to water, blurring my vision. He took advantage of my vulnerability and punched me in the diaphragm. I fell back, coughing and spluttering trying to regain my breath.

"What is going on in there y/n?" Asked Steve over comms.

"We are having a tea party, what the hell do you think is happening?" I wheezed.

"I thought you said you had it handled" accused Steve.

"As much as I love talking to you Steve, I need to go" I jumped back up to fight Bucky. He grabbed me by the throat using his metal arm and threw me down onto the table. Natasha was lying on the floor clutching her stomach and panting.

"Bucky, please" I chocked out.

"I'm not Bucky!"

"Who are you then?"

"I don't answer to you!"

Natasha was back on her feet but didn't make a move, we both knew that Bucky could break my neck in seconds.

"Just kill me then James, please" I begged.

Confusion and pain filled Bucky's eyes, his grip loosened but he was still in control of the situation. The conflict in his mind seemed to settle and he gripped harder on my neck.