The Party

Wanda, Natasha and I strutted onto the party floor side by side. Wanda wore a red cocktail dress with a plunging V-neck. Natasha was wearing a tight, short black dress which showed off her every curve.

They had picked out an emerald bodycon dress with a leg slit on one side for me. Natasha had found it in Loki's wardrobe, they assumed he had bought it for me but didn't have the chance to give it to me.

Many heads turned as we walked through the crowd and towards the bar. Tony had hired bartenders and waitstaff, who were walking around the room with platers and refilling drinks. Wanda left us to make sure Pietro wasn't planning something to annoy Clint.

"Ladies, welcome. What can I get you too drink?" Asked Tony as he approached us.

"Just a beer please"

"Yeah same for me" Added Nat.

"You both look amazing by the way" remarked Tony passing us a beer each, "y/n, there's a few people I'd like you to meet"

I looked over to Nat, "I'm going to go talk to Banner" she replied before heading over to where Bruce was awkwardly sat on one of the sofas.

Tony had introduced me to seemingly everyone at the party as the new Avenger. Most of the people seemed to be old important men who I had no particular interest in or young women who flirted with Tony.

I was finally able to get away from Tony's old or flirty friends and found Nat at the bar.

"Something strong please" I asked the bartender, who nodded knowingly and busied himself.

"What's up?" Asked Nat as the bartender pushed a couple of shots towards me.

"I miss him" I replied taking a shot.

"I'm sure Loki's fine, he'd want you to have fun" reasoned Nat as I took the second shot.

She grabbed my hand, dragging me to my feet. "Come on, dancing time" I let Nat drag me to the dance floor.

Steve's POV———————————-

"Come on man"

"No I'm not going to do it Sam"

"Just make your move on her Steve"

"First off, I don't like her and more importantly she has a boyfriend. Loki" I argued back while we watched Y/n and Natasha dance from the platform above them.

"If you don't like her why hasn't your eyes left her since she walked into the room" asked Sam with a smirk, "you haven't once checked out the very hot and very single ex-assassin dancing with her"

"He's always had a crush on her, even when we were kids." I couldn't argue with Bucky with that, because he was absolutely right.

Ever since y/n joined our school I had liked her. The attraction had grown when she beat up a kid who was bulling me in an alleyway when we were twelve.

I spun the contents of my whiskey glass before finishing it, watching y/n swing her hips in time with music. Her head fell back in ecstasy and a wide, slightly drunk, smile spread across her face.

Thor's POV———————————-

"See you in hell, monster!" Loki activated the bomb, killing Kruse instantly.

Loki dropped to his knees, his face consorted in agony. As I ran to his side he removed his bloody hand to reveal a deep stab wound in his stomach.

Not once have I ever seen my little brother show fear. But there he was, his eyes blown with fear as he desperately clung on to his last strings of life.

I moved Loki into a lying position, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please forgive me, please forgive me" he begged, tears built up in both of our eyes. "Tell her I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Tell her I don't want to leave her, please brother" tears started falling down his cheeks.

"I will, I will brother" I promised, "you can rest now"

Loki looked up at me with a slight smile, "I love her" he said softly before turning into dust in my arms.