Fighting, again

Frigga's POV———————————-

"She is a well trained and skilled warrior" I argued.

"She is a Midgardian" stated Odin. I love my husband but I resent the way he is so stubborn and stuck in his ways. I was desperately trying to fight Lady y/n's case, Loki had finally found someone who makes him genuinely happy and I wasn't about to let Odin ruin that for him.

"So are many of Thor's friends. You seemed happy for Thor to live on Midgard for work, so why are you resisting now?"

"It's not the same" huffed Odin.

"Why? Because it's Loki instead of Thor his time, is that why?"

Odin stayed silent at my outburst, I struggled to keep a cool head, "Thor wants to fight her this afternoon. I am going to watch. You may join me or you can carry on with your grudge. Alone." I said before leaving our chambers.

I walked quickly down the hall to Thor's chambers, reaching his door just as he was about to leave.

"Oh hello mother, everything ok?" He asked, with the kind smile Odin used to wear.

I nodded, "Thor I need a favour. Please could you challenge Y/n to a fight this afternoon. Your father may come to watch and the only way he will except y/n is for him to see how good she is."

"Of course mother, it would be my pleasure" Thor agreed instantly, knowing that this would boost y/n's confidence and help her massively.

Y/n's POV————————————-

Loki was lying on me in bed, he had fallen asleep. I had cleaned up the graze on his cheek that I had accidentally caused when I pushed him against the wall. I was dozing happily underneath him.

There was a knock at the door but Loki didn't stir. Because all of Loki's weight was on me I couldn't get up to answer the door. I also didn't want to tell them to come in because Loki had stripped his shirt off and I didn't know who was at the door.

I rubbed Loki's back and kissed his neck gently, "There's someone at the door darling"

Loki lifted his head from the crook of my neck and grunted as he lifted himself off of me. He pulled on the shirt he had discarded earlier and answered the door.

"Afternoon brother, y/n" greeting Thor walking past Loki and into the room, much to Loki's disgust.

"Hey Thor, what's up?" I greeted moving so I was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Y/n, I have a bet with some of the warriors. They don't think you could win a fight with me"

Loki chuckled, "Did they miss what happened earlier? She would definitely beat you" he said proudly.

Thor nodded his head in agreement, "So y/n, would you like to fight this afternoon"

"Yeah sure, give me 10 minutes and I'll be down" I replied grinning. There was something about the fact that two gods were certain that I would win a fight between them that gave me a boost of confidence.

I was standing in the arena for the second time today drawing my daggers. I smirked at Thor who nodded and summoned Mjölnir. The first few minutes consisted of me dodging blows from Mjölnir until Thor swung it around quickly raising himself in the air.

I'd seen him do this a million times before so I knew what was coming. I dove for cover as Thor had called a lightening strike. I used the blinding flash of light to my advantage. I moved behind him quickly, pressing a dagger to his neck and one to his kidney.

Thor only laughed and turned quickly, throwing me across the arena. During his quick turn he had accidentally released Mjölnir from his hand. It had landed near me and without thinking I picked it up.

Thor stopped immediately, staring at me with his mouth open. The crowd fell silent.

I looked down at my hand, it wasn't until then did I realise I was gripping the hammer. Loki was the first to start clapping from the royal stands, quickly followed by cheers from the crowd.

I looked up to see Loki proudly cheering, Queen Frigga smiling down at me and a very shocked King Odin standing next to her.