Taken

We'd had about a month of peace after the funeral before shit hit the fan again. It all started because of one video message.

I was quietly reading in my room when FRIDAY spoke up, "Miss y/n, you have a video message from an unknown number."

I sighed, putting down my book, "Can you play it please FRIDAY"

Bucky appeared on a screen in front of me, he was strapped into the chair that haunted both of our dreams. He screamed in pain as the headpieces obliterated his memory.

"Friday stop the video!"

This couldn't be happening, Bucky was just on a run. Bucky was on a run, outside, alone. Shit!

The elevator couldn't get to the common floor fast enough. I burst through the elevator door's as soon as they opened, earning confused and concerned looks from the team.

"He's gone!" I shouted.

"Y/n, not to be insensitive, but it's almost been two months" replied Steve gently, looking up from his book.

"No,no. Not that," I said shaking my head, "he's gone, they've got Bucky!"

Steve's concerned expression turned into a wild panic. Tony put his mug in the sink and turned to face me looking exasperated, "that's highly unlikely, he probably got distracted by a cat on his run"

"FRIDAY play the video"

Bucky's screams filled the room, Steve winced and looked away. Wanda and Pietro held the same fear in their eyes as I did. Thor and Clint balled their fists, Bruce held his head in his hands and Nat's jaw clenched.

"FRIDAY, cut the stream" called out Tony, the screaming stopped immediately.

"We need to save him."

"We can't just rush in." Replied Tony, he didn't seem to be effected by the video at all. It was like the only reason he turned the video off was because the screams were irritating him.

"Why not? The quinnjet was prepped in case of an emergency, FRIDAY can trace the video and cross reference it with the database." I replied trying to disguise my anger. Tony glanced at me before looking away.

"Oh I get it,"I replied with a bitter laugh, "if it was anyone in this room you would have gone there within an instant, but because it's Bucky you want to let him suffer a bit more before we save him. All because you haven't forgiven him for something he had no control over."

You could hear a pin drop after I finished my angry outburst. Tony stared at me, his jaw clenched and a glint of fear mixed with anger in his eyes.

After a moment of shocked silence Bruce grabbed his laptop from the coffee table, "FRIDAY, track the source of the video message please" he instructed as he tapped on the keyboard.

"Mr Banner, the message came from Siberia" answered FRIDAY.

"Thank you FRIDAY" Bruce started vigorously tapping and swiping before he looked up, "the signal location matches with a base on the records"

"So how do we get in?" Asked Nat.

"Straight through the front door" I replied with a slight smirk.

"Your kidding right?" Replied a shocked Clint.

"Never been more serious," I turned to Bruce, "can you bring up the map of the Siberian base please"

Bruce did as I asked. We now had a birds eye view of the base on the projection screen. Bruce also handed the control over to me, allowing me to make any edits.

"Jeez, how old is this?," I started circling parts of the map and deleted them, "they were destroyed years ago"

"They will set up hedgehogs in a 50 miles radius around the base. As soon as we get into that zone, vehicles are a no go," I zoomed into the entrance, "Our biggest concern with be browning machine guns, they have 3 advantage points where they are most likely to set them" I circled the 3 points in red, "but other than that, we have a lot of ground to play with."

I explained my plan to the team and used the visual aid to show them where Hydra's advantage and disadvantage points are. I let out a deep breath as I finished and turned to look at them, "any questions?"

"How do you know all of this?" Asked Clint, he wore the same expression as everyone on the team. Surprised, amused but proud.

"It's the same place Buck and I were tortured and trained, and well- it was our home for a while" I said closing down the screen.

Steve stood up, "Time to suit up, let's go get our Bucky back"