Goodbye

It has been three weeks since Loki's death. All Avenging had come to a stop while we mourned, anything that did come up was handled by SHEILD agents.

For the first week or so, I mostly found myself in the gym taking out my anger on a punch bag or crying in my room. I hadn't been able to enter Loki's room after the night I spent in there after his death. Every time I did I kept seeing old memories of him and he seemed to be every where I looked.

Thor seemed to be struggling more than I was and I found out exactly why in the second week, Frigga was killed by Kurse in the battle in Asgard. That was why Loki and Thor went alone after Kurse, to avenge their mother.

Thor and I spent a lot of time with each other. We didn't talk a lot during the first two weeks, but we were comforted by each other's company.

At the beginning of the third week we started telling stories about Loki to the team. They seemed happy to sit and listen, they all wore sympathetic smiles as we talked about him.

By the end of the third week, we both decided it was time to say goodbye to both Loki and Frigga. Because Frost Giants turn to dust when they die and Frigga's body would have an official royal funeral in Asgard, we gathered by the lake as the sun set to release two flying lanterns in their memory.

As we watched them rise into the air, I started humming the tune Loki used to hum to calm me down after a nightmare. Wanda and Pietro joined in, closely followed by Thor. Soon the whole team had started humming Loki's tune while we watched the lanterns disappear into the night.

Thor wrapped his arm around my shoulders, I leaned into his embrace. He gently kissed the side of my head, "They are ok now, Valhalla has welcomed them" he said softly.