48🔴best laid plans

A large Black owl landed on Marcel's window the next morning, pecking loudly until Blaise had to get up and let it in, groaning about shooting the damn bird and getting back into bed,

It suddenly screeched which made Marcel shoot up from his own bed in shock.

"Bloody thing" he grumbled "I will cook you one day that is a vow" Otis looked indignant and pecked the boy's ear. He flapped at it before handing it a treat and telling it to go away to which it ignored

His heart sank as he opened the roll of parchment to see his Father's messy writing pressed into the fabric along with a newspaper article dated with yesterday's date

'Pregnant  witch and children killed in accident involving muggle firearm"

He gulped, this was definitely not an accident, his mother had all but declared war on muggles by insinuating that since a muggle appliance was used it was indeed a muggle that had committed the murder.

He himself knew a little bit about these muggle guns and he knew just how inaccurate they could be to the inexperienced, he had heard stories from his maternal grandfather about how his muggle childhood had been very much surrounded by these weapons and how he'd taught his daughter the tricks of using a gun correctly.

With a heavy heart, Marcellus knew it had to be his mother that pulled the trigger, no other purebloods knew how to handle a firearm. Although he had been brought up around his mother and her nasty ways it was another thing to have to take part in it. He had been raised to believe it was just part of life, killing and torturing, a way to get results but since he had been at Hogwarts he had been shown kindness and understanding and he was now beginning to think differently.

He opened the letter, swallowing a lump in his throat

"Marcellus we have a way to kill her without ending the lives of you or your sister, reply to this letter as soon as you can with a date that you are free so we can discuss"

He sighed, he hadn't properly spoken to his father since the incident with Greyback, it was as if his father wanted nothing to do with him. In some way it angered the boy, because he had no issue with Emerald and her violent ways but he wouldn't give his own son the time of day anymore.

The thoughts of his father were quickly forgotten as he realised what the letter had said.

There was a way to stop her!

A surge of anger returned as he read the letter again, So they were going to kill his mother? But he got shunned because of a couple of cruciatus curses?

He quickly grabbed some parchment and a quill and began to scribble a blunt message back

"Tomorrow 4oclock"

—Was all he said and sent it back out the window with Otis, Blaise gave him a wary look

"What?" He snapped and Blaise raised his hands

"Nothing mate" he told him "was just going to ask if you were alright"

"Do I look alright?" He said bluntly "fucking family has it in for me ,the hypocritical bastards"

Blaise widened his eyes "Em giving you grief?" He asked him and Marcel shook his head

"Not her, just my father ,you know everyone thinks she's some golden child?, a bloody saint and I'm the evil one" he huffed angrily "even you"