23🔴Like father like son

7 days

Seven days the twins spent looking for a trace of their mother and nothing, it was like she had vanished off the face of the earth, they could both feel themselves growing frustrated, often bickering but always making amends with each other shortly after. It seemed hopeless. They had decided to return to their respective schools ,Marcel tracking their mother and Emerald finding a way to take the woman down for good.

It was the eighth day and the twins had bid farewell to each other,Emerald stepped through the gates of Hogwarts looking around slowly.Nothing had changed ,she thought ,it's like she'd never been away

Nothing, that was what she felt, she was tired and stressed at the disappointments of the week and already planning on crawling straight into bed.Her thoughts were interrupted

"Miss Gaunt ,while I understand you have had permission to be off, that ends now" Professor Snape dawdled on "class, now!"

The girl restrained herself from firing a string of curses at the new headmaster ,following after him moodily.

The Professor walked her through Hogwarts stopping outside the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom
"In" he muttered

She walked silently into the classroom "sorry I'm late Professor" she said unbothered

"That's okay Miss Gaunt ,take a seat next to Mr Malfoy"

Emerald didn't think she could have rolled her eyes any louder as she slid into the seat next to the blonde boy who looked more than just a little annoyed

As Professor Lupin started talking again, the Malfoy heir turned to her "thanks for telling me you were off galavanting around with your Psychopathic brother for a whole week" he hissed "what is the matter with you"

"I'm not the one who killed an innocent man" she said without missing a beat "so don't you play that card with me" she said accusingly "anyway why do you care, you've ignored me ever since that day in the forest, seems you and Astoria have been getting along swimmingly though" he tone was short and clipped

" why do I ca.., Salazar, Emerald what is the matter with you? Of course I bloody care"

She shrugged "well then don't"

"Stop it"

"Stop what"

"Stop pushing everyone away"

"Screw off you hypocritical bitch, haven't you got another teacher to go murder or something? maybe McGonnagall this time ?"

He was hurt ,not because of her words but the fact that she thought he'd been the one to kill Dumbledore ,he didn't want to be a Death Eater after all. She was right about one thing though, He was a coward

"I didn't do it" he muttered turning away from her ,she scoffed and Malfoy felt his heart drop through the floor

They sat in silence until Professor Lupin announced the end of the lesson ,they rose swiftly and made their way down the Great Hall, him a few paces behind her ,she looked beautiful today he thought to himself as she walked but there was something different about her ,she seemed more heartless than usual. He decided to leave it alone for now.

Emerald made her way into the hall and sat down next to Blaise,wordlessly wrapping her arms around his middle in a side hug ,his face breaking out into a huge smile at the sight of her ,Draco couldn't help the pit of jealousy rising up in his stomach ,he knew something was bothering her and it was always Blaise she wanted to be around in situations like this ,Blaise this, Blaise that....

once again he brushed it off

The meal went down uneventfully ,Pansy was extatic to see her best friend and babbled continuously in Emerald's ear ,earning her only a few nods from the girl. Marcus and Theo also seated themselves around the trio laughing and joking, Flint occasionally saying something so daft ,Emerald felt the corners of her lips twitch up ,They looked the picture of happiness,like they'd been friends forever and Emerald felt extremely grateful to have friends like hers. She rose from her seat ,excusing herself ,giving them each a tight hug, promising she'd see them in the next class.