Chapter 4

The Bird Scene-Part 2

The next morning it is time for Tori to do the bird scene. She has a script, preforms the scene, and the teacher will tell her that she did the scene wrong if she asks for approval. Got it? Great!

"The time has come for our newest student to tackle.." Sikowitz stomps his bare feet on the ground, the rest of the class following. " 'The Bird Scene'. Tori the stage is yours, though you can't take it home with you"

"Can I ask you a quick question before I start?" asks Tori. Jade groans loudly in annoyance. Jaedda turns and smirks at her from her seat next to Cat. "So-"

"Just do your best. Action!" Sikowitz yells from the back of the class. Jaedda watches as Tori does the bird scene. The scene ends and everyone is silent. No one claps or applauds.

"So did I do the scene right?" asks Tori. Jaedda shakes her head a little. She knew this would happen. Tori lacks confidence and confidence is one of the few things you need in the entertainment industry.

"Oh no, not at all" answers Sikowitz. She did the scene perfectly but it was ending that she did wrong.

"Okay, then what did I do wrong?" asks Tori.

"You'll have to perform the scene again tomorrow, and get it right or else you can't be in Andre's play or any other." Sikowitz says in a rush, as he guides Tori back to her seat. Tori attempts to ask more questions but she is ignored. "Drive by acting exercise. You're all terrified dolphins. Go"

The whole class stands up and pretend to be terrified dolphins.

Class ends and Jaedda and the rest of the group leave drama class and out into the hallway. Tori follows behind them begging for them to help her with The Bird Scene.

"Oh come on" Tori whines. Jaedda rolls her eyes as she stands near Cat. "How am I supposed to do the scene right if no one will tell me what I did wrong? I thought you guys were my friends" Tori says trying to manipulate them whether she knows it or not.

"I'm not your friend" Jade and Jaedda say at the same time. Jade takes Beck's hand and pulls him away.

"I was hoping we could be more than friends" comments Rex.

"Uh, it's so gross how he is always hitting on every girl" Cat says.

"I never hit on you" says Rex.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asks Cat.

"You guys..my problem" Tori says taking the attention back to her.

"Number one rule of the bird scene. No one's allowed to help you" says Jaedda.

"No one" says Rex. Jade and Beck come back over from the vending machines.

"So this is what you did with your locker?" asks Jade. Jaedda walks over to it and looks at the locker. It has a white board on it with the words "Tori's Locker" on it.

"Yeah see it's a dry erase board with a bunch of colorful pens in a convenient cup" explains Tori but Jaedda wasn't listening. She grabs one of the pens from the cup and writes 'Stupid' on the board.

"That's not a good idea" comments Beck.

"Why not?"

"One, it's a Hollywood Arts tradition to decorate your own locker"

"Two, people can do that" Robbie points out. Tori turns around and sees what is written on the board. Jaedda smirks at Tori and walks over to her locker with Cat behind her.

"Yeah? Well my locker is smarter than your locker" shouts Tori at Jaedda.

"How can I locker be sm-"

"I don't know!"

Jaedda makes it to her locker and opens her little box to see it overflowing with letters, gifts, candy and even money. Jaedda puts the items in her bag but keeps out some candy and hands a few pieces to Cat. Cat smiles, laughs and then pulls Jaedda into a hug. Jaedda smiles, returning the hug.

"You still coming over tonight?" asks Jaedda.

"Yeah. Pick me up at 8, I have to sneak out the window" replies Cat.

Jaedda furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but doesn't question it. Jaedda shrugs her shoulders in response as Andre walks past them.

"Time for my first ballet class" he says.

"Good luck" Jaedda says.

After school at 8pm, Jaedda sits outside of Cat's house. Jaedda reaches for her phone and texts Cat "I'm outside" a few moments later she sees a figure open one of the upper-floor windows and throw a bag into one of the bushes. The figure then climbs out the window, stands on the roof and proceeds to jump down. Thankfully, the house wasn't too high or they probably would have broke something. The figure grabs their bag from the bush and walks towards Jaedda's car. In the light provided by the street light Jaedda is able to see that the figure is Cat.

"You ready to go Red?" Jaedda asks as she unlocks the door.

Cat opens the door and gets in on the passenger side. "Can we leave please?" Cat asks, her voice quiet. Jaedda nods her head noticing the redhead's tear stained cheeks.

Jaedda puts the car in gear and drives to her home. Silence falls between them.

They make it to Jaedda's apartment. Jaedda pulls into a parking space and puts her car in park. Jaedda and Cat both get out of the car, Cat grabbing her bag. They silently walk up the stone stairs and make it to Jaedda's front door. Opening the front door, the cool air from the AC rushes out of the door and flows past the two teens.

Jaedda walks in with Cat behind her. "Make yourself at home"

Cat looks around and notices the movie posters framed on the walls. Cat sits down on the couch while Jaedda goes into the kitchen and grabs 2 water bottles. She walks into the living room and hands Cat one of the water bottles and opens her own taking a sip from it. Jaedda sets down the bottle water and turns towards her redhead bestfriend.

"So, wanna tell me what's going on at home?"