Chapter 5

The Bird Scene -Part 2

Jaedda watches as Cat takes a deep breath

"My brother is a-abusive. He acts out and rages. He gets angry and throws things and punches me and all of these other horrible things. He'll have an episode and then go back and be normal. My parents are always angry and yell. They yell and scream at each other." Cat rambles, her hands shaking. Jaedda reaches over and grabs a hold of her hand.

"Hey," Jaedda starts softly. "You can come over and escape anytime you need to"

"Really?" Cat's brown eyes shine bright from the lights around the room.

"Yes, really"

A sigh of relief escapes Cat's mouth as her eyes fill with tears once again. She then launches herself into Jaedda and wraps her arms around her into a hug. Jaedda hugs her back.

The night is filled with laughs, snacks and cheesy movies. The two girls spend the night wrapped up in blankets as Cat eats Bibble and Jaedda tells her stories of her auditions and times on set.

They finally fall asleep when the moon is high and the stars are at their brightest.

The next morning, Jaedda and Cat sit at Jaedda's vanity as Cat does her makeup.

"And done" the bubbly redhead says to Jaedda. Jaedda opens her eyes and turns to look in the mirror.

"It looks great Cat. I should definitely hire you for my next movie" Jaedda compliments.

Cat gasps as she jumps up and down. "Really? That would be a dream come true"

Jaedda laughs at the energetic girl and nods her head.

The two girls eat a light breakfast and head to school with the music blasting. Minutes feel like seconds as they pulled up to Hollywood Arts.

Cat and Jaedda walk into Sikowitz class and talk as they wait for class to begin. The bell rings and Sikowitz stumbles into the classroom. He calls Tori up onto the stage to perform the bird scene.

"I'm ready and before I begin I'd like you to have these big large coconuts," Tori says, handing Sikowitz the fruit.

"What a kiss-ass" Jaedda whispers. Cat overhears here and laughs.

Tori performs the 'bird scene' and fails once again.

After class, Jaedda leaves the restroom and sees Tori handcuffing Cat to the stairwell.

"Tori you better have a good fucking explanation for handcuffing Cat," Jaedda whispers harshly not wanting to scare Cat.

"I just wanted to give her some candy," Tori says shaking a box of candy.

"Ooh candy" Cat exclaims. Tori shakes some into Cat's hand. Jaedda's eyes widen in realization.

"Cat wait!" but it was too late.

Cat ate the candy. Her face starts to become red. "What are these!"

"Choo choo peppers," Tori says smugly. Jaedda tugs at the handcuffs trying to release them from the rail. Tori stands there with a bottle of water and a smirk on her face.

"They're burning my mouth!" Cat exclaims starting to cry slightly as her mouth turns numb from the burning sensation.

"I know, do you want some water?" Tori asks. Jaedda growls in annoyance as she can't get the cuffs off.

"Tell me the secret to the bird scene" Tori says taking a step back away from Cat's reach.

"I can't and I need water" Tori starts to stomp away when Jaedda stands in her way. Jaedda snatches the water from Tori's hand.

Jaedda leans in and whispers into the brunette's ear. "You better watch yourself Vega. I would hate for something to happen to your father. Don't mess with Cat again and we won't have any problems" Jaedda gives Tori some space and holds out her hand. "Give me the handcuff key." Tori takes a step back in fear and hands her the key. Jaedda moves out of the girl's way and gives Cat the water and unlocks her from the cuffs.

"Thank you," Cat pants as she gulps down the water. Jaedda nods her head silently.

Of course Jaedda wasn't going to harm Mr.Vega but if word got out on what Tori did he would surely lose his job.

The next day Jade, Jaedda and Cat all sit next to each other in Sikowitz class.

"I do not want to watch her perform this boring scene again," Jaedda complains. Cat is humming to some song in her head while playing with the rings on Jaedda's fingers.

"Yeah well if her having to do this scene over and over and over again stops her from performing in school plays than I am all for it," Jade replies taking a sip of her coffee.

Unsurprisingly, Tori does the bird scene correctly. After class we all stand by Tori's locker.

"You guys ready?" Tori asks excitedly.

"Uh-huh"

"Whatever"

Tori closes her locker so they can all see how she decorated it. It was a skyline with the words 'Make It Shine' written.

"Make what shine?" Trina, Tori's sister asks.

"It's the title of the song I sang in the big showcase" Tori explains.

"I don't like it," Jade says.

"Maybe the words should be bigger," Cat recommends.

They all nod and agree.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah," Tori stops them. "I believe in my own choice, and I don't need approval from anybody"

Jaedda rolls her eyes.

"I still think it's dull" Jade comments.

"Yeah? How about I make it shine" Tori presses a button and the stars and text on her locker light up.

"Ok are we going to eat or not?" Jade asks as she sees everyone fawning over Tori's locker.

"Yay, food!" Cat says jumping up and down. She grabs Jaedda's hand and pulls her outside.

A/N; Y'all know the drill. Vote, comment and follow for more updates.