Chapter 2

Sikowitz continues his lesson on improv. "Okay, crash course. Improv," he says touching the board. "is acting without a script which means the actors must make up their own actions and dialogue as they perform the scene." he says looking at Tori.

Jaedda loves improv. It is one of her favorite acting exercises.

"Jade, you will captain the first group of today" says Sikowitz. The girl with blue highlights walks on the small stage. "Choose your actors."

Jade looks at the students and smirks. "Cat, Jaedda, Beck, and Tori." Unknown to the class, Jade was a big fan of Jaedda's movies so she was excited to see her in action up close. Unfortunately she also had something planned.

Jaedda and Cat make their way onto the stage with the other students. Jaedda looks at Andre and smiles while he makes silly faces at her.

"Okay, now we need a setting for the scene" says Sikowitz.

"Home!" yells a guy with glasses holding a puppet?

"Wow, real creative dummy" says the puppet smacking the guy.

"Ok, home. Now we need a situation"

"Big news!"

"Andre, no one wants to see big nudes"

"No! big news!"

"Oh that is totally different" says Sikowitz writing on the board.

Jade walks up to Tori "Why don't you wait in the hall?"

"Uh, okay" Tori says confused but goes out through the door.

Jaedda stands up straight as she takes a deep breath and clears her mind.

"Okay, at home, big news, and action!" yells Sikowitz in the back of the class.

Jaedda and Cat act as little kids while Jade and Beck were the parents.

"Hey babe, how was work today?" asks Jade playing a mom.

"Ah, I got fired" replies Beck.

"Again?" asks Jaedda pitching her voice to become higher.

"It's okay, I have great news that will cheer up this whole family" says Jade walking over to the door where Tori was.

"Oh what is it?" "Tell us" Cat and Jaedda say at the same time. The bad feeling Jaedda had increased as Jade went and got Tori.

"I went to the animal shelter and got us.." Jade grabs Tori by the arm and leads her onto the stage. "a dog" Jade finishes smugly.

"Uh, yep. I'm the new family dog. Woof, " says Tori awkwardly.

'This is pitiful' thinks Jaedda.

Cat looks at Jaedda in disbelief while Andre grimaces in the audience.

Jade breaks character and looks at Sikowitz. "Sikowitz will you please tell this amateur that dogs can't talk and that they don't stand on two legs?" Sikowitz was not paying attention instead he was drinking from a coconut.

"Sikowitz" yells Jaedda gaining his attention.

"Oh um yes. It is true Tori if you are going to play a dog, be a dog," says Sikowitz and then he continues to suck the life out of his coconut. "And action"

"Uh, I went to the animal shelter and got us a dog," says Jade back into character. Tori is now on her hands and knees.

Cat and Jaedda also back in character continue the dialogue.

"Wow," Cat says petting Tori's 'fur'.

"I don't like dogs," says Jaedda her voice back to being high pitched.