Chapter 7

Guilt. Sadness. Anger. Shock.

These were the emotions that flowed through the students in the hospital walls. Andre paced back in forth, the bottom of his shoes withering away as he bites his thumb nail out of habit. With a sigh he runs a hand through his hair as he waits for a response on how his childhood friend is doing.

Jade sits on the floor, her back against the wall as she stares blankly in front of her. Her breathing is uneven as she holds back her sadness. She keeps it bottled up in a jar and places it on the top shelf on her wall where no one can come and break it open. Sadness quickly turns to anger as she sees the brunette who has been nothing but trouble since the first day she arrived.

Cat's left leg bounces up and and down as she fidgets with her fingers. The worry is shown on her face but down deep there is a layer of anger. Anger as she smells the familiar smell of medicine and latex gloves. Her eyes blood shot red, her cheeks stained with fallen tears. A sob escapes her mouth as an image of Jaedda on the gurney flashes through her mind. There was an unfamiliar feeling brewing deep down in Cat's stomach. It was frightening but it also gave her warmth. Too distract herself, she thinks about the sleepover Jaedda and her had. She thinks about how they laughed for hours and all the food they consumed.

The red head thinks about Jaedda's hair and how she prefers it's natural curls. She thinks about the girl's bright smile and how she would do anything to see it one more time.

The feeling that brewed in Cat's stomach made her feel nauseous.

Not able to take the feeling and the plain white walls, Cat jumps to her feet and runs out the front doors. The bright sun that once made her happy is now making her blue.

Cat takes a deep breath trying to calm her nerves. Footsteps approach from behind her.

"Cat? Are you ok?" Andre asks.

Cat turns around and faces him. She wipes her face as tears start to fall. Andre walks forward and pulls her into a hug. Her whole body shakes as she cries into Andre's chest.

Andre holds her tightly, humming slightly attempting to calm her down. It a few minutes later, Cat Valentine seemed to have run out of tears.

"I'm-I'm sorry" she stutters, catching her breath. She pulls herself away from Andre's embrace.

"What's wrong Red?" Andre asks softly.

"Don't call me that!" she snaps. As soon as she registers what she said, she gasps. "I'm sorry. It's just that, that was what Jaedda called me,"

Andre nods his head. "No harm no foul. Wanna tell me why you're out here?"

Cat nods her head. "I-I felt nauseous. I was thinking about Jaedda and how beautiful she is. I like how when she is in the sun her eyes become a shade of bronze instead of her regular charcoal color. I also like how when Tori says something she rolls her eyes when she thinks no one is looking." Cat rambles.

Andre rubs the back of his neck. "Cat, do you think it's possible that you may have a crush on Jaedda?"

Cat looks up at him in shock. "What? No, that's impossible. I like boys."

"I'm not saying that you don't like boys. I'm just saying that it seems like you have a crush, perfectly normal. I'm guessing that the nauseous you were experiencing were butterflies. Just think about it," Andre says. With a slight smile, Andre walks back into the hospital lobby.

A/N; Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. The next few chapters will surround Cat and will most likely not follow the episodes in the show. Don't forget to vote and comment for more updates.