Chapter 12

The class sits as they watch Andre and Tori act out a scene. Cat and Jaedda sit next to each other. Jaedda boredly fidgets with a snag of string on her backpack with one hand, while Cat steals and plays with the multiple rings on her other.

"Listen. Ms.Travis, listen to me." Andre says to a crying Tori. "This is a simple surgery. I've done this operation hundreds of times. You'll be fine."

"But what if I'm not fine? What if I die on that operating table? I have three..."

"Uh-huh," Sikowitz says walking on stage.

"I have three... Uh-huh, uh-huh. I have three children." Tori continues to act through Sikowitz's presence.

"Oh, I'm sorry, kids. Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt the scene, but Tori, look at the red dot I drew on this index card" Sikowitz says standing in between Tori and Andre. Tori looks at the red dot intensely. 

"Boo!" Sikowitz screams. Tori falls back dramatically.

"Sikowitz! You scared the fudge outta me."

" Why did you stop crying?"

"What?!"

"You were playing the role of a crying woman who's just been told she's going to have surgery. Why did you break character?"

" 'Cuz you interrupted our scene and screamed boo in my face!"

"Tori and Andre, take your seats. I'm trying to teach you kids about method acting, and that means whatever character you're playing, you must stay in that character, the entire time, no matter what happens. Whether on camera or off camera, on stage or off stage, you've got to understand that..." The bell cuts off Sikowitz. "Until tomorrow"

Everyone packs their bags and starts to head out. Sikowitz sits on the stage and lets out a loud sigh as the group of friends begins to leave the classroom.

"Look, I'm sorry we disappointed you," Tori says turning around. The others set down their bags and turn to Sikowitz.

"Yeah, it's just that we think that method acting is kinda dumb," Robbie says.

"Yeah" Everyone agrees.

"Well, of course, you think method acting is dumb. It's too challenging for you." Sikowitz mocks.

"Yeah, I really don't think that's the issue here," Jade says.

"Staying in character no matter what happens is something only true, professional actors can pull off. Sometimes I forget you're all just children, you know, amateurs. Except for Jaedda of course, she's very skilled" Sikowitz says looking at the teens. Jaedda grins at the praise given to her.

"He called us amateurs," Cat says to Jaedda. Jaedda shakes her head no at her as Sikowitz continues to talk.

"Your whack job teacher just called all of y'all out. I love it" Rex laughs.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you're guys amateur feelings"

This time, Jaedda couldn't suppress the laugh that escaped her mouth, between Rex's and Sikowitz's snide comments

"He did it again" Cat gasps.

"I really don't think method acting is all that hard," Beth says walking forward.

Jaedda laughs again. "Please, you guys wouldn't last a few hours much less a day"

Sikowitz points at her, "I issue a challenge" Sikowitz stands up and steps onto the stage.

"What kind of challenge?" Tori says cockily. Jaedda rolls her eyes at the teen. Cat pinches her side slightly.

"What was that for?" Jaedda whispers as she rubs the pinched area.

"Stop being so mean, I forgave her and so should you. You already got her father demoted from his chief position" Cat whispers back to her.

"Please, she should be thankful that is all I did. TMZ could be following her around and sitting on her front porch for the next 2 weeks if I felt like it. The day I'm friends with her is the day pigs fly"

"Oh come on, you guys don't want to see where this lunatic lives?" Jade says standing up. The rest of them stand up and look at Sikowitz. "No offense"

"It's all right, Jade. I savor your bitterness like a sweet, rancid cream sauce." Sikowitz says giving weird looks.

Sikowitz then says that on Friday at 7 pm they will all meet at his house. They will each play a distinct character and have to play that character until Saturday morning. If they break character they will be 'banished from his house. Beck chooses for Cat. Cat will choose for Robbie. Robbie will choose for Beck. Andre will choose for Tori. Tori will choose for Jade. Jade will choose for Andre.

"Jaedda, I know you have something going on that evening so whenever you're done you can come over and referee and help sabotage." Sikowitz states.

"What do you have going on Friday evening?" Tori asks. Jaedda clenches a fist to stop herself from rolling her eyes.

"An interview, any more questions?" Jaedda asks sarcastically.

"Yeah, what's the interview for?"

"A tv show. You know, something professional actors do" Jaedda says stepping towards Tori who immediately steps back.

Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry for the lack of updates. I was on vacation for a month and then I had to get my mental health in check. Vote. Comment. Follow. For more updates!