Chapter Seven - EVIL

𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 (𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒)

𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 (𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒).
MEN OF FAMILIARITY

•••

Just for the sake of it, in a moment of madness I seethed out,  "I won't watch my words. What are you going to do?"

"You're asking for a punishment."

His words sat heavily in the air, the threat lingering in my ears.

"Punishment?" A series of images appeared behind my eyelids, the ideas making me stutter through my words. "So now the big bad Beast wants to punish me?"

I wanted to push my shoulders back and look him in the eyes, but the arousal between my legs forced a blush onto my cheeks.

I was going to go crazy. That's if, I hadn't already.

Deep down my insides were trembling and I found myself pressing my thighs together in anticipation. His fingers lightly grazed my hips, the whisper of a caress sending tremors through my skin. I almost fell back into him, silently wishing for more.

"All in due time, love."

Suddenly, the warmth of his body against mine was replaced with cold air, the iciness wrapping around me. I span around on my feet, shocked at the stillness of my apartment.

The early rays of the sun peaked in through the windows, the sunrise painting over the sky in a brilliant wash of yellow as I walked through the rooms of my home, confused as to where he'd disappeared.

Finally, my eyes landed back onto the box, realisation hitting me.

Resisting the urge to hurdle the box back through the window, I hurried into the shower, the relentless ticking of the clock hurrying my steps.

•••

"Good morning, Miss Fernsby." The students greeted, settling behind their desks with sleep still scrawled over their expressions.

"Morning." I suppressed a yawn, cursing at Beast and his box for ruining my sleep.

He did far more than ruin my sleep. He marked my skin, aroused feelings within me that I wasn't even aware of. The golden glow of his eyes had bordered the edge of addiction and if I wasn't careful I'd soon find myself in need of help.

And yet, here I was, left wondering about whether what had happened was all a nightmare.

A heated nightmare.

A breeze ruffled through the classroom, the chill drawing groans of complaint out of the children. I rose, kicking the classroom door shut and pulling my cardigan tighter around me. My breath hitched in my throat as I turned to find the box sitting on my seat for the second time, its polished body gleaming in the daylight.