Chapter Thirty One - GLUTTONY

𝑔𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑦(𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻): an excessive desire for pleasure,often attributed to excessive drinking

𝑔𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑦
(𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻): an excessive desire for pleasure,
often attributed to excessive drinking

•••

Beast cupped the back of my neck, tilting my head back. His tongue smoothed across my lower lip, seeking entrance. He hoisted me up, my legs wrapping around his torso.

"Pandora," he growled.

A whimper slid past me as his lips traced down the curve of my neck. He paused at my pulse, tracing the sensitive spot with his nose. Suddenly, the wall was hard against my back, his chest just as hard against mine.

"Fuck, your scent—" he hissed in a sharp breath.

Those dark talons scraped inside me, aching to get out. I pushed them back down.

There was something else tugging within me now. A tug from within my ribcage, sweet and burning.

I clung to him as he pressed a single kiss over my pulse. He scraped his teeth over my skin, soothing the sting with his tongue. A mark began to form beneath his caress.

"Beast," I said, my fingers digging into his bare back.

A threatening, animalistic sound rumbled through his chest. "You need to stay in your room tonight. Please."

Before I could respond, he clamped down onto my lips fiercely, the heat of his body seeping in through my clothes.

"Stay," he said finally, letting me down onto my feet.

The scar on his face seemed fresher, the raw skin no longer dull with a scar. I moved to trace my finger over it but he grabbed hold of my wrist.

"It's sore." There was a vulnerability to his voice; I remained silent as he dropped his forehead against mine, his thumb rubbing soft circles over the back of my hand.

Instead of disappearing, he walked away this time. There were no golden trails in his absence, just an uneven limp as he dragged his right leg behind him.

The aching tug inside me grew stronger.

"Pandora?"

I jumped, startled.

The orange of Gluttony's eyes were of the same warmth of Beast—I let myself become consumed in them for a moment, in the fire that burnt in her irises.

"Are you alright?"

I shook my head. "Are you alright?"

Gluttony blinked, leading me back inside the room. Soft hues lingered where the Sins and Virtues had stood before and the walls seemed to tower higher than before.

She rose an eyebrow at me as if sensing that I wanted an explanation. At times, I felt like an outsider—I knew nothing of these beings except that they were a family.