Chapter Four - LIGHT

𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
THE BEAST'S MESS

•••

"It was only fair to clean it up, love," I froze in my spot as the voice grew nearer, "especially since I'm the one that made the mess in the first place."

I spun around on my feet, caging my arms around myself. There was no one there, I knew there was no one there.

Slowly, I turned back on my feet, fixing my attention on the view preceding the large windows. My nerves began to curb before my attention zoned where I'd left the box again.

Kneeling, I peeled back the straps of my bag, taking the box out of the leather enclosure. A golden knob was embossed into the design, the metal stiff beneath my fingers as I twisted it open.

A sharp click sounded, echoing in the empty walls of the room.

My shoulders tensed as the reality of what I'd just done came face to face with my fear. It could be anything; a bomb, drugs from some cartel, a body part, a murder weapon—

Empty.

A confused sound escaped the back of my throat as I peered into the interior of the box, its white corners barren of drugs and bombs. No one's murder weapon was hidden in the mysterious box and not a speck of blood was to be seen. But my mind didn't dare relax, my thoughts spiralling out of reach. A sudden cool breeze smoothed across the back of my neck. The hairs over my skin rose, goosebumps rippling over my skin.

"After leaving me in there for so long," a voice spoke, deepening into a growl, "I began to think you were immune to me."

The sensual blaze rekindled in my core, my senses blurring over with the need I'd been feeling for days. I struggled to fight against the odd sensations coursing through my veins, my sanity growing further from me by the second.

"And you are?" I bit out, keeping my back turned.

A low chuckle followed and I almost groaned. It was like someone else had the reigns of my limbs in their hands, the heat in my core a puppet to their tunes.

"Beast."

I scoffed. "I'm sorry?"

"Interesting," he muttered. "Normally, I get some, 'w-who are you?'," he said in a mocking voice. "And then a 'w-what do you want?'." The low words fanned over my skin, the light contact of stubble against my cheek making me reel. I span around, coming face to face with a wolfish grin.

"You didn't answer my question. Who are you?" I curtained my voice in confidence, hiding the urge to tremble.

His dark smirk eased a little, a look of surprise flashing in his eyes. I swallowed, my sight taking in the view before me. It was the same man from my daydream, the golden sheen of his eyes tracing up and down my figure.

"Pandora." My breaths stilled as his mouth neared my ear. "The one who had my box, the one who needs," he breathed, "who wants and craves." His fingers traced up my stomach, his nose tracing a path down my neck. "The one who resists the urge."

"Y-you," I stuttered, "still haven't answered my question."

I tried to keep my eyes trained on his but my sight struggled to stay off his naked upper body. His abdomen was rippled with crevices my fingers itched to run over.

He hummed, a sensuous rumble in the hard heat of his chest. "I'm sorry it has to be like this," he paused, "you can't be near me and not be... affected."

My eyebrows shot up. Affected, I was. The spot between my legs was aching, and my nerves trembled beneath his dominating height.

But his tone was anything but sorry. He looked amused, a hot pang dancing across my skin at his every touch. I was letting a stranger caress me and the urge to jump him was—

Goodness me.

I leaned away from his bare skin, my pulse racing. "Affected?"

"Lustful, wanting, desiring—you choose." He peered down at me from his height, the depth of his gaze making my breath hitch in my throat.

I focused on my breathing, labouring to hush the ache in between my legs. He stepped closer, the heady scent radiating off him resting in the air.

"And you think you can j-just barge in?" I rambled on.  "Touching me and breaking my furniture?"

"Oh, I plan to do more than just touch you. But only if you ask me to." He trailed a single finger down my cheek, tracing down my neck to the collar of my blouse. "Everything about you calls to me."

His words rang in my ears. It was like something radiated off his very being, pulling and persuading me in—and I realised I desperately wanted to give in to the urge. My sentences disappeared off the tip of my tongue, the reign of the heat in my core taking over.

"Do you give in to me?" he whispered, his lips moving over my earlobes as he spoke.

His words could have meant a thousand things but I listened to the ringing in my body—and the sinful warning lying beneath his sentence.

"Yes."

He spun me around, pulling me into him with a sudden tug.

"Are you sure?"

Something nudged against my behind, his member pressed up against the constraints of cloth. Holding my tense fists, he smoothed slow circles into my palms and my back arched against him at the waves of electricity following his every move.

"There'll be no going back," he growled, his hands running up my shoulders.

And then it all but fell silent, the quiet drop of clothes on the floor and panting breaths ringing in between our heated limbs.

In one swift motion, he rounded through the corridors of my apartment, throwing me onto the mattress. His trousers joined my heap of clothes, his fingers trailing up the folds between my legs.

"You're so wet."

My cheeks reddened slightly. He smirked against my skin, peppering kisses in a pattern down my neck.

Without a single warning, he pounded his entire length into me. I tried to control my pacing breaths, his girth filling me up beyond what my walls were used to.

"Did you—"

"Use a condom?" He pulled back before slamming into me. "What do you mortals take me for?"

"I don't know what to take you for," I stopped mid-sentence, the angle of his cock hitting a sensitive spot, "j-just let me finish speaking next time."

•••

Phew, it's getting hot in here.

And Happy New Year by the way! I hope everyone had a great time and here's to a better 2021.

Turn that little star orange and add PB to your libraries to get notifications of future updates!

Love,
Laila.