Chapter Eight - SIN

𝑠𝑖𝑛

𝑠𝑖𝑛.
QUESTIONING EXTRAVAGANZA

•••

"You've got to be careful about asking me questions. For every one you ask, you have to answer one of mine."

I shrugged. "That's fine by me."

He smirked, his hands resting lightly on my waist. "Don't forget my other condition either, because these," he tugged at my blouse, "might have to go."

I placed a finger to his lips. "But I start first."

"Of course."

"Where did you go?"

"I'm afraid you're going to have to be more specific than that." His lips closed around the tip of my finger. I suppressed a gasp at the touch of his tongue against my skin.

"Y-You disappeared this morning."

"I did." His hand enclosed lightly around my wrist; he left a trail of kisses on my fingers, tracing slowly down my arm.

I let out a shaky sigh. "Did you go back into the box?"

"No. The box is a confinement. A prison."

I saw a glimpse of pain in his eyes for a split second before it was overridden with the dark hue of desire. A tightness spread in my chest as he locked an arm around my waist. I let my eyes trace over his face, taking him in like an addict on the last shot of her favourite drug. A few wisps of raven locks fell over his face; I ran a finger down his cheek, outlining the sharp curves of his features.

"Beast—"

"Shh," his lips neared mine, "it's my turn."

My jacket dropped to the floor with a dull thud. He pulled me back into him, my body pressed firmly against his as he continued.

"What's your worst fear? Don't lie to me—I already owe you a punishment." His voice lowered. "I'd hate to make it two."

My breath caught in my throat. "Guess you're just going to have to punish me twice."

He growled dangerously, the primal sound sending shudders through me.

I looked away. "If you didn't go into the box, where did you go?"

"Who said I went anywhere?"

I groaned in exasperation. "That's not an answer."

"My turn." He ignored me, putting on a mock thinking face.

I tried to back out of his hold, unbuttoning my blouse only for him to catch my hand in mid-motion.

"You don't want your payment?"

"They'll come off by the end of the night, anyway."

My eyebrows shot up, wary of the glint dancing in his eyes. I moved back, strolling into my bedroom out of habit. He followed me in and only then did I realise where we were standing.

The only thing I ever came in here to do was sleep.

Something told me I'd be getting no sleep again tonight.

He neared me, the dangerous glint in his eyes sending heat spiralling through my veins. "Let's talk punishments, Pandora."

I swallowed. "W-what about them?"

"Rope, handcuffs, a blindfold." His thumb smoothed over my parted lips. "Or all three?"

"U-um, I-I don't-"

"Hurry up. I'm running out of time."

That caught me. "Time?"

"The things we do," he whispered, "are done in the shadows of the night. The day doesn't need to pay witness to these sins."

The spot between my legs dampened, my thighs clenching. "Right."

I shifted my sights off him, suddenly unable to meet his gaze.

He tilted my chin up. "Eyes up here."

I felt my cheeks burn with red. Flustered, I muttered, "All three."

Suddenly, my hands were behind my back, arrested in his hold. My back arched as his lips crashed into mine, his teeth nipping at my lips before he soothed over the sting with a swipe of his tongue.

He rested his forehead against mine, a bestial sound ripping out of his throat. "Ask me. You need to ask."

I let out a short breath. "What?"

"I'm bound to lust after mortals, Pandora. I need your consent to satiate myself."

"What if I say no?"

His jaw tightened. "Then I'd leave."

I laughed. "I'll tell you what, you've got better manners than the majority of human males."

His eyes darkened. "Watch it, love. I won't be such a gent in bed, considering your atrocities this morning."

"You're still going to be an old man, you know," I bit back with a grin, "regardless of my punishment."

"Not when I fuck the living hell out of you." His tone dropped dangerously low. "We'll talk about age after I'm done with you."

My nose scrunched up. "We'll see."

He loosed a chuckle. "No you won't."

Before I had a chance to ask, he wrapped a piece of silk around my eyes, the knot sitting taut on the back of my head.

The darkness behind the curtain of the fabric was serene. It was peaceful—like my feet had lifted off the floor for a minute—like his touch removed gravity from the very essence of my being.

He pulled me harshly into him; I clutched his shoulders, his lips caressing the pulse of my neck. The small whisper of his tongue against my skin swept lower, surpassing the boundaries of my clothes.

"Say it."

I took a sharp breath. "Yes."

His fingers interlocked through my hair, tugging my neck back. "Yes what, Pandora?"

"Y-you know what I mean."

He dipped his head into the curve of my neck, his teeth grazing over my skin before he soothed the sting with a swipe of his tongue. "If I could die, if death was something that I'd been blessed with," he said, "you'd be the death of me."

I wish I could see him right now, the depth of his eyes. I wish I could see his face, peer into the meaning behind his words.

Instead, I asked, "Why?"

He spun me around in one swift motion, his hands braced over my hips. "Don't speak."

Frowning, I felt his hands firm on my shoulders.

And then I fell.

One second I was standing—the next the mattress was soft beneath my back.

•••

Consent is needed, regardless of if you're Beast and Pandora. It doesn't even have to be that pronounced - just make sure that all parties are on board.

Don't forget to vote and follow me on Instagram @//devilishtales to get chapter snippets and countdowns!

Love,
Laila.