forty - imagine

request! (loosely inspired by the first half of josh's video "how the matrix ruined my life", except everyone's aged up to how old they are now.)

the separations go with the cuts of the video :))

finn, josh, and i stood on the balcony outside our hotel room. we were talking, then josh decided to start a video.

"we don't have rent," finn stated.

"or the proper 'documents'," josh said, using air quotes.

"you mean that when you say you're finn wolfhard people don't make themselves into a literal doormat for you?" i asked.

"no!" he said exasperated. "how many movies does a man have to star in to get to that level?!"

i snorted at his response. "yeah, but anyway, it's not gay if we sleep in a bed together," i said as i scratched my eyebrow. it was kind of a running joke between us to call anything me and finn did together as a couple 'gay', even though it was the exact opposite.

"yeah she couldn't afford her own room because she's only been in one big movie unlike some of us, so i took one for the team. but she's right, it's not gay," finn said. i nodded from behind him and tried not to laugh so we could keep the bit going.

finn and josh started talking about how the shower didn't work and that they just used the pool to get clean. i shook my head and smiled as i filmed them. what dorks.

———

"so we're about to go to the premiere for my new movie, the matrix," finn said as he filmed me and himself in the mirror. i was putting my jewelry on, and i smiled.

"i'm pretty excited," i said without looking up.

———

finn zipped up my dress as i held my hair up, and i turned around and tied his tie.

"that's gay!" jack yelled as he walked in.

———

"are you nervous?" finn asked as he filmed us in another mirror.

"did you take josh's camera again?" i asked as i looked up at finn.

"yeah," he laughed. "i'm taking over the video."

i laughed, then decided to answer his question and do another bit. "anyway, yeah, i am nervous because this is my first high profile event. i have to make a good impression."

"yeah, or we won't be able to sell our souls to warner brothers."

i looked around and lowered the camera. "they're not supposed to know about that."

———

i got my makeup done all pretty, finn got some minor makeup so the camera flash wouldn't make his face look weird, and we both got our hair done. we joked around the whole time, slightly annoying the makeup and hair people. at one point i leaned over and gave finn a quick kiss.

"GAY!" we heard from behind us.

———

i set my phone on the counter in the bathroom and stepped back quickly as the timer counted down. i stood next to jack, and we both started dancing. it was going great, then the door opened.

i saw finn walk in. "wha- what are you doing in the men's bathroom?" he asked. then he saw my phone and looked at jack. "are you doing tiktok dances with my girlfriend again?" me and jack looked at each other and started cackling. this was not an uncommon occurrence.

the door opened again, and revealed an intimidating looking man in a suit. he looked at me. "ma'am, you can't be in here," he spoke in a deep voice.

my eyes widened. "sorry," i said quietly. i walked out of the bathroom, but before the door closed behind me i quickly blew a kiss to finn.

"gay," jack hissed in a low whisper.

———

"do you have a red carpet song?" josh asked finn, who was sitting between me and josh.

"uh yeah, it's probably back in black by ac/dc or enter sandman by metallica."

i laughed from the other side of finn. he looked toward me with narrowed eyes.

"what are you laughing about?"

"your choices are basic," i spat, getting up in his face.

"oh yeah? what are yours? big poppa by the notorious b.i.g.?" i flattened my lips into a straight line (this face lmao 😐). "yeah, that's what i thought."

"i don't need to hear shit from you. bitch," i said as i turned to look straight forward, slumping in the seat with my arms crossed. finn mimed punching me in the face before it cut to the next shot.

———

the it cast and i stood on a stage, all doing karaoke. we were doing a rap song right now. we were kinda bad, but i was having a great time. finn had his arm around my waist, holding the microphone we were sharing with the other hand. he was getting slightly handsy while still being appropriate, and the others noticed but didn't say anything until we got off the little stage.

"you guys disgust me," wyatt joked. i laughed.

"yeah, gross," jaeden pretended to gag. some of the others nodded.

"what, you don't like this?" finn asked them as he dipped me unexpectedly, kissing me hard. i put my hand on his cheek and we sloppily made out just to gross everyone out. after a second, i stood straight up again. we both dramatically wiped our mouths. everyone wore a disgusted expression and me and finn busted out laughing.

"gay."

anotha one😼
i actually updated twice today! pog
anyway, this was requested by sadie_msspp. i love your requests!! sorry it took so long to get out and that it's kinda short.
i hope you guys like it and that the format wasn't too weird!
watch out for that part two of the last chapter (chapter 38) it will be listed as chapter 39 (this one is 40) and it will go above this one.
love you guys!
-mads💖