thirty - imagine

finn and i walked up to the house, loud music already invading our ears. it was a party some of finn's friends were holding, and he invited me since i'm his best friend and we like going batshit crazy at parties together. we smiled at each other before walking in.

"AYEEE! it's FINN and Y/N everybody!" josh, the host, yelled as we entered the house. some people cheered, but others just continued to get drunk and dance. there were a ton of people here, and i got very excited to let my crazy side out. i could tell finn was excited too.

i walked over to the drink counter with finn, and got some punch for finn and i. we both downed our cups pretty fast, and got some more.

we walked around a bit, chatting with people we knew. we got more cups of punch, and we were both pretty buzzed by the time we went out to the backyard.

"finn finn finn!!" i slapped his arm. his head whipped toward me. "beer pong!" i yelled. his face lit up and we ran over to the table. we were on a team against two random people, and we were ready. we got very competitive over beer pong.

even though we were competitive, we weren't very good. the other team was absolutely murdering us. me and finn split the beers pretty evenly, but he took one for the team when i couldn't possibly drink any more. but that rarely happened. some beer dribbled on my shirt on my most recent cup, and finn wiped it off before we gave each other the "game on" look. there was always a certain point in each game that we got very determined to win, and that point was now.

i picked up the ping pong ball and threw it at one on the many cups on the other side of the table. it landed in perfectly. i screamed at finn in victory and he screamed back. we did a chest bump before continuing on, and eventually losing.

we left the beer pong table and moved over to the dance floor. we drunkenly danced around to a few songs before "whatever gets you thru the night" by john lennon (A BANGER) came on.

"it's our song!" i screamed to the curly haired boy. he pumped his fists in the air before we started dancing like complete idiots. (i want this🥺). people around us started watching us, and me and finn moved in sync. we had danced to this song many times before, and had an unofficial routine. people cheered us on, and when the song came to a close we bowed.

we stumbled over to the drink counter again, out of breath. people were doing shots, and me and finn joined. we each did about five shots in unison, and people cheered us on the entire time.

"WOOOO!" i screamed and shook my head so my hair whipped around. finn jumped in the air with his arms up.

"you guys are a couple of party animals, huh?" josh came over, a drink in his hand.

"fuck yeah!" i bellowed, taking his drink and downing it. i threw the cup into the crowd.

"what the hell?" josh laughed before walking away to get another drink. finn turned me so i was facing him.

"i think you know what it's time for," he said solemnly. we both looked at each other for a second before yelling "KEG STAND!"

i was a record holder at most of the parties i had been to, and finn gladly supported me in my actions, doing a few rounds himself.

i was hoisted upside down, and finn put the valve in my mouth. the guys holding me up started counting, and i chugged the beer. i got to 44 before i signaled for them to let me down. everyone cheered and slapped me on the back. finn did one and got to 23. i yelled "nice!" at him before giving him a high five.