sixteen - imagine

"daaaaad, do i have to go?" you asked as you moped through the kitchen. you had been doing this all week, and you were putting in your last ditch effort before you left this morning.

"yes, and that's final, y/n. i want you to experience life on set. is that so bad?" you could tell he was irritated and you felt a little bad for bugging him. but you persisted, just with less of an annoying tone.

"okay, but just because you're bill hader and famous and stuff doesn't mean that's what i want for myself. i want to choose my own path," you explained.

"i know," he sympathized. "i'm not forcing you to do anything, i just want you to come and see." you sighed at his response.

"okayyy, i'll go get ready," you headed for the stairs.

"you go do that. you've got a big day ahead of you."

ugh.

time skip brought to you by the major headache i've had all day bc i don't drink water😌

you were in the car, fidgeting. you wore a loose fitting striped crop top, ripped mom jeans, and simple reeboks. you looked great, but you were dreading today. you kinda had a fear of actors and stuff, which is completely stupid since your dad was bill hader and you were around them all the time. they just seemed like they were on a completely different level, and like they always thought they were better than you. you also figured you would probably be bored.

you guys pulled up to set, and you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding.

"k, we're here." he looked over to you. he hit your shoulder. "you'll be fine." you rolled your eyes.

"whatever you say, dad." you got out of the car, wanting to get this over with. you walked in and were taken by surprise. it was actually pretty cool. there were so many different sets from cool shows. you stopped to look around and didn't realize your dad had kept going. he finally stopped and looked back at you.

"now you're interested?"

"whatever!" you scoffed, a smile taking over your face. you jogged to catch up with him.

time skip brought to you by the fact that school is over (for me at least)!🥳

you sat in a director's chair behind the camera. your dad was currently filming a scene, and you watched intently. it was for a new netflix show, that you basically knew nothing about. all of a sudden, finn wolfhard came on set and started talking to bill in character. you didn't know finn was on this show! you sat up straighter and fixed your hair. they went on with the scene a little before finn caught sight of you. he stuttered and blinked several times.

he shook his head and apologized for messing up. your dad said it was fine and gave him a bro slap on the back. they reset. your brain was still spiraling. did he seriously mess up because he saw me? what the hell? you've never been seen as very attractive and it surprised you that finn would think you are.

you continued to admire him as they continued doing scenes. his prominent cheek bones, gorgeous curly black hair, beautiful deep brown eyes. you were suddenly snapped out of your daydream by a man yelling beside you. "okay. everyone take ten!"