twenty three - imagine (part 1/2)

i turned off all the lights downstairs and started up the steps to go to bed when my phone started buzzing in my hand. i look down at it. it read 'big bro nick🤪'. i furrowed my brows and answered it.

"hello? you do realize it's 1 am right?" why the hell would my best friend's brother be calling me at 1 am??

"yeah, i know y/n, but finn called. he's super drunk at a party and needs to be picked up. our parents are out of town and i'm unavailable so can you pick him up? i figured you're pretty reliable..." i sighed and my shoulders drooped.

"really? i was just gonna go to bed..."

"i'm sure i can find someone else. sorry for bothering-"

"no, it's fine, i'll do it," i sighed as i walked back downstairs and turned on a lamp to see. i slipped on some shoes.

"oh my god, thank you so much. i really appreciate it," nick sighed with relief. he gave me the address of the house finn was partying at.

"yeah, whatever," i smiled a little.

"you're the best!" nick said in a goofy voice before hanging up. i grabbed my bag before heading out to my car. i called finn to let him know i was on my way. his phone rang for a second before he picked up.

"finn?"

"no this is finn!" i rolled my eyes and scoff-laughed at his response.

"i'm coming to pick you up."

"PARTY POOPER!!" he yelled before hanging up. i rubbed my eyes at his childish behavior and put the address in my gps. it was only about 10 minutes away. i started driving to the house.

time skip brought to you by that fact that the "finn" "no THIS is finn" was inspired by a phone call my mom and aunt had shortly after my mom turned 21 and got really drunk at a party

i pulled up to the house. i could hear the music from my car. i got out of the car and wove through the large mass of people. so many strange smells attacked my nose as i searched for finn. i eventually found him, chugging down something from a solo cup.

"hey, finn!" i yelled over the music. i got close to him and lightly grabbed his arm. he turned around and looked at me.

"ayyeeee!!! it's Y/N!!!!!" he yelled as loud as possible.

"finn! shut the fuck up!!" i shushed him as i started pulling him through all the people.

"where are we going??" he yelled right in my ear.

"oh my god, first of all, shut up. second of all, home."

"noooo!" finn whined. i continued pulling him through all the people. we finally reached the front lawn, and i lead finn to the passenger side of my car. i opened the door for him.

"any vomiting before you get in my car?" i asked with raised eyebrows. he vigorously shook his head no and climbed into the passenger seat. "okay, but absolutely no vomiting in my car." i warned him before closing the door behind him. i walked around to the drivers side and got in. i started up the car and headed home.