twelve - imagine

today is gonna be a fun day.

me, my best friend finn, his brother nick, and nick's friend quincy were all at an arcade. we were having a great time, and we decided to do some laser tag. since there were only four of us, we had to play with some randos, but we didn't mind.

we were all given the orientation on how to play and how to stay safe, and we got all our equipment.

"damn, this thing is heavy," finn said as he put on the vest. nick scoffed.

"that's 'cause you're a noodle." i high-fived nick for the burn. finn just looked at us blankly.

"i might be a noodle but i'm gonna kick your guy's asses in there." he and quincy high-fived, as they were in a team against me and nick. i rolled my eyes and pushed up my glasses with my middle finger, which was basically my signature move.

the instructor called us all to the entry of the laser tag maze thing. finn elbowed me on the way there, and i elbowed him back harder. we glanced at each other and snickered, and i swear i saw something different in his eyes that i hadn't seen before. he looked away, but i continued to look at him curiously. was i just imagining it? i mean, i am a bit of a hopeless romantic. maybe my mind was just manifesting all my dreams into a fake reality. i realized i was still looking at him through all of this, and he did too.

"what?" he laughed. i shook my head and looked down, my cheeks going pink. i really hope i wasn't imagining that something in his eyes. hold up, what am i saying. he's my best friend, for god's sake. chill out y/n.

we arrived at the entrance and we were told some last minute information before we went in. finn looked at me competitively, and i managed to do the same. they let us go in, and we immediately all split up.

i walked toward a wall by the back. i crouched down behind it to try and plan my next move. i shot at anyone who went by, but i wasn't that great, and my laser didn't hit any of the sensors. all of a sudden, a hand was placed over my mouth. my eyes widened and i tried to turn to see who it was. finn's curly hair suddenly came into view, and my brows furrowed. he held his finger up to his mouth, and removed his other hand from my mouth.

"what are you doing?" i whispered frantically.

"don't shoot," he whispered back.

"why not?" i whispered in mock anger.

"i wanted to do this," he whispered even quieter. his hand brushed up against my face, and his lips were quickly on mine. i inhaled abruptly through my nose, taken aback. i realized a certain electricity tingling through my body, and relaxed a little. my hand brushed against his arm, and traveled to his neck. my other hand got lost in his hair. his body got closer to mine, and i slowly started to move my lips in sync with his.

this kiss felt as if it lasted an eternity, but it was probably pretty short. we both pulled away, noses touching. i could feel his breath on my face, and i closed my eyes with content.

"i think i love you," i breathed. i didn't even mean to say it, but it felt right and true.

"i know i love you," he smiled. i opened my eyes and looked deep into his brown ones. i saw that certain something from before, and a smile erupted across my face. our foreheads and noses were still touching, and our lips seemed to have a magnetic pull to each other. we kissed again, and my heart swelled.

suddenly my vest buzzed and lit up. finn's quickly did the same, and we looked around. quincy had shot me and nick had shot finn.

"what the hell guys? laser tag," he waved around his gun, "is not for making out. and since when are you guys together?" nick nodded to commend quincy's statement.

"since about 5 seconds ago," i smiled at finn, and he smiled back, as if we were in on a very special secret.

i actually wrote a chapter! yeah!!
hope you guys enjoyed it.
i'll try to get some more imagines out soon.
byeeeee!
-mads💖