ARJUN X DRAUPADI

Love Conquers All

Prompt : When Arjun Approaches Draupadi after Dyut Sabha.

Draupadi is beyond repair right now. Though some time ago, Govind evoked the sleeping warrior in her, but still she has issues, pain in her heart that maybe, she will never let go. She will not be able to, even if she will want to. Is everything justified in the name of Dharma. Sacrifices, humiliation, pain, grief for lifetime just for righteousness. Five husbands and none to protect, to raise even a single word against those traitors. Specially Arjun!!!!

"Panchaali..?" His voice still sounds melodious and takes all her pain away for a moment. But just for a moment. Entire lifetime is something she has to suffer.

"Chale jaaiye Arya..! İs samay mere kathor vachan aap sun nahi payenge." Draupadi uttered in her heavy coughy voice. It's because of her constant heaving and weeping.
Though some time ago, she took vows to avenge and establish the ultimate Dharma for entire world in front of everyone, still she's feeling weak and betrayed by her own husbands.

"Jaanta hu Panchaali, is baat ka gyaan hai mujhe ke tum krodh me ho. Par ye swabhaavik hai Panchaali. Humne tumhe kitne vachan diye the...par kal Dyut sabhaa me vo sab dhool me mil gye. Parantu yakeen maano us adharma sabha me laalchan pandu putro par laga hai.. Tum par nahi"

"Par us sabhaa me aap Arya putro ka prateek, aapka abhimaan, swabhimaan, or garv mai thi Arya...." She retorted back and Arjun didn't have an answer to this truth.

"To laalchan bhi to mujh par hi lagaa na..." Her voice cracked as she spoke the last line.

"Esa mat kaho Panchaali.." Arjun wept as he has been listening to his wife, whom he let down so badly.

"Mere kuch na kehne se satya me parivartan aa jata to mai jeevan bhar maun dhaaran kar leti. Parantu..satya to yahi hai Arya."

"Vivah ke purv hi gandivdhari Arjun ke itne gungaan sune..ke unse prem hogya. Sirf aapke liye..aapki maata ka maan rakha..unke vachan ka maan rakha... Aapke sabhi bhaiyo se vivaah kia..taaki aap par koi sankat naa aaye. Parantu uska phal mujhe kya mila? Jeevan bhar ka dukh, yaatna, peeda or veshya ka naam." Her tears knew no bounds as Draupadi put forth her inner turmoil in front of him.

"Panchaali hum Pandu putra tumhare doshi hain.."

"Sabse bade doshi aap hain Arya..!" Draupadi said in between.

"Aapke liye apna pura jeevan sangharsh banaya hai maine.. par us adharma sabha me aap maun rahe. Aap Arya putra Yudhishthir ko rok sakte the... Par aapne kuch nahi kia. Aap me bal bhi tha or iccha bhi...pr iccha shakti or himmat nhi thi Arya.
Aap vaha us Dyut Sabha naam ke Maya yuddh me nirbal saabit huye hain. Aap yoddha nhi hai Arya. Kyuki yodha kabhi maun nahi rehta. Kabhi uske vachan to kabhi shastra bolte hai." Draupadi kept on complaining as her trust has been broken by him badly.
Arjun didn't know how to form words of his concern and affection that he carries for his wife.

When his own cousins tried to disrobe his Panchaali, the amount of aggression, pity, helplessness, and anger he felt and is still feeling, can't be described. Yesterday, during the game of dice, He was unable to meet her gaze when she looked at him despite of her other husbands sitting right in front of her, he didn't know how to justify his silence, specially when he knew he can't. But she just looked at him, met his gaze only. Because They both knew that her questions could only be answered by him. At that moment he had broken her trust . Nobody knows that how much disgusting he is feeling right now.

"Panchaali ek baar meri baat sunlo, mai jaanta hu ke mere shabd mere maun ko dharm saabit nahi kar paenge, kyuki adharm to hua hai. Parantu mai tumhe kese samjhau ke mere antarman me kitni duvidha or peeda samaai hui hai. Tumhara apmaan mujhe jeevan bhar yaad dilaega ke Maharathi Arjun bhi nirbal siddh hua tha. Mai janta hu ke maine tumhe jeevan bhar samman or prem dene ka vachan dia tha..or mere hath sirf niraasha lagi hai. Panchaali ho sake to kabhi mujhe maaf kardena. Mai vivash tha." Arjun cried while speaking all this. Draupadi was also crying but this time because of him. Her husband is crying.. so how can she find peace in it. Her anger and frustration vanished for a minute as she saw him crying and saying his heart out to her.

"Arya..! " She moved close to him and wiped his tears while nodding her head in a no. "Nahi Arya..! Mai maaf kar paungi yaa nahi..ye mai nahi jaanti. Parantu ab mujhe sari peeda ka tyaag karna hi hoga. Tabhi mai sansaar ki peeda ko dekh paungi Arya..tabhi mai unke liye lad paungi." She was continuously patting his back as Arjun didn't hesitate to shed his tears.

"Hume parmaatma ne chuna hai is dharm sthapna ke lie. Isliye hi shayad.." she was continuing but Arjun stopped her.

"Maun ho jaao Panchaali. Mat kaho ye sab. Mujhe aatmglaani ka ehsaas ho raha hai. Tum kitni sehensheel ho...or mai..."

"Sehensheelta ka gyaan nhi hai mujhe Arya, parantu ek ardhangini ke guno se parichit hu." she again wiped his tears and Dhananjay understood that his tears are bothering her. He is amazed to see the person in front of his eyes. She is embodiment of patience, love and a warrior for sure.

"Mai asafal raha Panchaali.. ek acha jeevansathi.. yaha tak ki yoddha banne me bhi asafal hua hu mai." he didn't know how to express his gratitude and shame to her. His no words can make her feel better. He know this.

"Is asafalta ko safalta me badalne ka avsar aaya hai. Vaapis jeet lijiye Hastinapur, kar dijiye naash adharm ka, un durachariyo or papiyo ka... jinhe na to dharm ka gyaan hai, na stree ke astitva ki mehetvata ka. Dharm sthapnaa ke liye Maha yuddh karna hi hoga Arya. Mahabharat karni hogi" Draupadi filled Arjun with a sense of courage, willpower and valour. Yes he has to fight this war for people out there, for the entire world, to establish dharm and righteousness, but deep down in his heart, he will fight for her. For his Krishnaa, his Yagyaseni. His love will conquor all of her.

_______________

A/N : Always wanted a confession on Arjun's part but realized while writing, that yes, indeed no words could ever have or ever will lessen what Draupadi went through or in general what a modern day woman goes through. God shall protect all.

Well let me know guys, how's it!?