MANIK X AKSHARA

What if Akshara from YRKKH and Manik Malhotra from KYY end up in the same college? A hot headed troubled guy and a sunshine girl both finding solace in music, do they hold a future? Yes it's a crossover.

Breathless

"I need to win this contest at any cost. I don't care about anything else more than this competition right now." An angry Manik said to his friend Dhruv on the phone. Manik Malhotra - The Manik Malhotra to be correct is the most handsome, smart, but cruel, sarcastic guy who's now very late for a music competition. He was rushing to the contest in his lavish car, speeding it as if he won't spare even a life today if it happens to come it in front of his car. He was actually very late. The competition was a great opportunity for him and his music career to excel because many talented artists and people from music industry were coming to judge this competition and Manik was on it! He had decided to sing the his most favourite song - Rock on, on his guitar. He had been charging his vocals, practising for days together since one month and now the day has come for him to do something absolutely amazing and winning.
He parked his car and carried his electric guitar on his back. Manik looked extremely hot in a maroon tee shirt and a black Versace jacket which had multicoloured ethnic designing on its arms. His hairs combed and jelled in a perfect style, Manik was ready to kill it. His eyes held so much confidence and zeal as he walked through the corridors of the building. Manik was heading to the waiting room when he heard someone. A faint melody, a sweet voice, full of soul and depth.. and more than anything it held devotion.

".. mere kanhaa.. " she gave a long call to Krishna. Manik was getting hypnotized by the voice of the young lady though his mind instantly mocked the girl for choosing a devotional song for a big musical competition like this.

"What on earth she thought while choosing this song. ye to gaana bhi nahi Bhajan hai " he air quoted the word "Bhajan", a sarcastic smile playing on his lips as he turned to keep walking in the other direction..

"tum sang maine jab se apne nainaa jod liye hain..
kya maiya kya baabul sabse rishte tod liye hain...
tere milan ko vyakul hain.. kabse mere praan..
Madhur..." And the voice died surprisingly.
Manik stopped in his tracks. "wasn't it supposed to be completed?" he thought. No matter what the song is but he can't deny that the voice is beautiful and soulful. And how can she stop singing the song like that? Out of a weird curiosity towards his one of the competitors, Manik started walking in the opposite direction, to the room from where the girl was singing her heart out, calling the divine god. He wanted to know what has happened? Or maybe..

Manik pushed open the gate of the room lightly to peek inside. The sight got him bewildered a little for the girl was panting hard, her one hand clutching the chair, other one on her chest as she sat on the floor. She was heaving. "is she asthmatic or what?" Manik thought and then opened the door wide, revealing himself to the girl. She looked up at him, her eyes were tensed, she was breathing heavily when he started singing "ho kanhaa ab to Murli ki madhur sunaa do taan.. oh kanha..mere kanhaa.." as he sung those words, he had listened one or two times in his childhood from his grandmother at prayers, he grew awestruck at his memory and voice. He couldn't believe he still has this song memorized and the fact that he actually sat near her to comfort her. He again glanced at her and saw that the girl actually is beautiful. She was wearing a dark blue kurti and multicoloured accessories which complimented her fair skin tone well. Her hairstyle and makeup, everything minimal but gorgeous.