RUMI X MIR HAADI

Mukhtasar Mulaqaat  

Prompt : My second crossover story. Based on two of my favourites fiery characters who can go to any length for their love - Rumi from Ishqiya and Mir Haadi from Khaani.
It can be read as a general fiction also.

"Rumi tum love marriage me believe rakhti ho?" Rumi's friend Shazia asked her as they were walking to home from their montesary. The road was crowded with a decent traffic. Both the girls didn't get an autorickshaw hence chose to walk.

"Dekho mujhe to abhi tak esa banda dikha nahi ke jiske ishq me mai apne hosh o hawas bhool jau. Aur maan lo aage bhi nhi milta to mere liye ya to khuda hai ya siddaqui sahab." Rumi raised her eyebrow and smiled full.

"Siddaqui sahab?" Shazia questioned as she didn't gauge whome Rumi was talking about.

"Arre matlab mere abba." Rumaisa explained and her friend laughed at the answer. Ofcourse it was her father, afterall it's Rumi's style of calling him like that. Rumi looked on and giggles "Haan. To vo jo kahenge, jesa kahenge, jisse kahenge usse nikaah padhne beth jaungi..." They were talking when a SUV hit Shazia on her elbow and she falls down. "Shazia tum..tum thik ho?" Rumi asked but looking at the moving car, stood up to stop it immediately.

"Hey! Ruko..!" She ran in the direction and again yelled "Maine kaha na.. Ruko!" The car finally stopped and the gate opened.
Rumi was awestruck at the man who stepped out. He was the most handsome man to be witnessed by her till now but Rumi's anger overpowered and she screamed at the man.
"maafi mango meri dost se. Abhi!"

"Baato me gum aap aur aapki saheli thi. Aur mai maafi mangu?" He was decked in a black suit, his expressive eyes hidden behind the Gucci glares. Rumi's throat went dry but still she answered back.

"Ji nahi. Hum seedha dekh kar hi chal rahe the aur maafi tumhe mangni padegi kyuki tumhari gaadi ne use dhakka diya or besharmo ki tarah aage nikal gaye isliye..." Her raised voice faced a setback when he removed his goggles and revealed his deep, engaging black eyes. He was furious but gorgeous.

"tum janti bhi ho mai hun kaun! Itni majaal ni hai kisi ki ke mujhse yun baat kare." The stranger tried to maintain his calm. Shazia holding her bruised hand, came to Rumi and said "jaane de Rumi. Ye kafi bade khandan ke lag rhe hain." But Rumi didn't listen.

"Esa hai mujhe koi shauk nhi hai ki itni aala dunia ko chhod kar mai tumhe jaanne beth jau. Ab maafi maango tumne meri saheli ko giraya hai. Mango maafi." She shouted in a smooth dialect. She don't like men who show off their wealth and status unnecessarily.

"Mir Haadi aur maafi?" He laughed aloud and then took out his gun and pointed the same at Rumi.
"Ek baar mangu? Ya 6 baar? Bolo. Batao?" Mir moved closer step by step and Rumi felt intimidated both ways. 

"Ajeeb falsafa hai is insaan ka. Ek to galti karo upar se seena zori bhi. Ekdum besharam ho. Begairat. Khair abhi hum jaa rahe hain." Rumi's voice broke in obvious fear and she faced her friend "tumhe chot lagi haina. To chalo, khadi kya ho." Meanwhile Haadi smiled at her antics. He never saw an unintentionally funny beauty before.