KATHA X VIAAN

I'll love, I decide

Viaan's POV

Katha! Katha! Katha! Not only a story but a legend which tends to say its own story, imprints it's message on one's mind and heart for years to come.

To me, it was just a word back then, now it's a name engraved in my list of sins. Katha is my sin. In the pursuit of my peace and sanity, I destroyed hers. I ruined her fairytale, I tainted her win. She can't proudly tell how she and her son conquered this huge battle of cancer. She can't flaunt and celebrate herself the way she should. And maybe she is enjoying it, but I? I'm left with nothing to show off. Not even the fact which I always thought is a fact, that I'm not the son of Viraj Ranghuvanshi. That I am not him.
I wasn't him. Correction!

Above all, the most disappointing thing that happened is that it was not a small journey. Katha had been fighting against this deadly disease since years, and in a span of just one night, I came, I ruined, I destroyed the whole purpose.

I'm not Julius Caesar, the winner. I am Viaan Ranghuvanshi. The sinner. Katha's criminal. Her one and only enemy.

Enemy? A wrong word probably? Because I am not the one who's ready to pounce on her as soon as I see her. I'm not the one who plans against her, while sitting idle in my office, I don't look at her as if she's my prey.

I sigh.

Enemy? I am not the one but, unfortunately I am the only one. It's not a wrong word because I am the only hindrance in her life now. The only obstacle in her work life, she faces daily. How much I despise that she has to work for my office I am her boss and she has to report to me for every small detail, how much I hate that she has to see my face, which is nothing but a constant reminder of that dark night. I'm like that one rain cloud constantly over her head, in the sunny weather. I'm that black blot on the blank white paper, she can write new stories on. Atleast she definitely sees me as an enemy and if not, then it would be right to quote that she hates me.
But I don't want to be an obstacle anymore. I want to ease her difficulties, for life isn't a cake walk. It keeps on throwing challenges on you and all we can do is fight and I wanna be that weapon, that helps her in doing so.

I've decided.

_____________

Months later

I have made a new decision. Something more, in addition to the promise I made to myself months ago. With the constant efforts of making her life easier, less stressful, of being an anchor to her ship, I have now decided to be the..

"Viaan Sir? Can I come in?" I heard her say. I quickly straightened up and nodded with a small smile, brushing aside my thoughts for a while. There stood Katha looking elegant and poised in a white top and blue denim jeans.

"Sir Dubai Heritage Project is on full swing. Aisa lagta hai ki un imaarton ne humein apna lia hai."

"Katha thanks to you. It was all your idea. Main or Ehsan jaante hain, how your idea has worked in favour of us and those monumental buildings. Humne cement ki jagah ret ko apnaya, aur un imaarton ne humein. Simple."

"Thank you sir." She turned to leave when I called her back.

"Katha!"

"Yes sir?" She saw me with her doe shaped eyes. Ever so mesmerizing!

"You and the team can take a one day leave if you guys want."

"But sir, abhi to hum project ke crucial stage par hai. Day off? Project ke bich mein?"

"All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy. Ever heard?" I chuckled.

"Yes sir!"

"So now listen carefully again. I said agar aap log chahte hain to one day leave le sakte hain kal. It's a decision solely of your team and you. Aap log kal hi Dubai se vapis aaye hain, you all deserve a leave." Though she chose to work for Earthcon with her own rules of flexible working hours, yet this woman stunned me with her professionalism and commitment yet again a week back when Katha volunteered to visit Dubai for three days.
I remembered how Ehsan patted my back for making her the lead designer. She is simply amazing.

"Thank you so much sir!" Katha said like a happy kid. I could feel it.
I am so elated that I could do something for her. She smiled to herself, breathed and went outside.
To my delight, I have proven myself a good colleague to her. As in, she doesn't mind my presence anymore. It makes me glad that I could make a difference. Not that she used to behave indifferent to me before. No.
Katha is a strong woman. It's just that things are better and I, Viaan Ranghuvanshi, have decided to not only support her but cherish this amazingly strong lady I am fortunate to work with. In past days, I have seen and observed her. I was around her, as if she was my centre of gravity. During this process of repentance, I became a lover. I have heard myself laughing, seen myself smiling and found myself dancing, when she is happy. When Katha talks about Aarav, I feel like listening and listening. I die to hug her son, I have felt the urge to lay everything good at her feet. When did it begin to happen, I don't know. But I have realised that life holds no meaning if there's no Katha in it. Am I wrong? Maybe. Certainly.
Who am I in her life? A stain, she can never remove from her life. An arrogant boss, she has become habitual to work for. That's it!
I don't even deserve her attention, if I think and look back at the note from where we started, closely.

Jis Safar ki shuruaat hi galat thi, uska anjaam sahi kaise ho sakta hai.

I don't deserve Katha, neither she has forgiven me. But I can't waste my life and myself for other bizarre purposes. What a waste of a heart it would be, if it doesn't beat for a woman like Katha.
If it's going to be a one sided affair, let it be. I deserve it for no penalty can fill up for my mistake yet I have decided.
I, hereby, choose to love Katha Singh with all my heart and being. I won't tell her to love me back. Never! But in one corner, if she ever looks there, she would always find me, cheering the loudest for her during her victories, beckoning her in her lows, and looking at her with love and adoration in my eyes for Aarav and her. And that would be my happily ever after.
I know. It's not right. Even I tried to not cross my boundaries. But now it's not in my hands anymore.
I'll love her, I decide.

____________

A/N : It's more of a drabble on Viaan Ranghuvanshi from my current favourite show Katha Ankahee. Hope you guys like it.