ASFANDYAR X ZUBIYA

Knowing Him

Prompt : Requested and suggested by ascripturientsoulShe actually made me watch YKS and guess what I loved it. So here I go!

Asfiya Islamabad tours where he shows Zubi his most favourite places as a child and teenager.

______________

Sunrays peeped in through the curtains on a bookworm Zubiya. She was reading her favourite novella - Exit West when Asfandyar returned their home and began locking the main door from inside. A content smile crept on his lips as he saw his pregnant wife reading as if nothing else exists. She was reading it with so much of concentration that Zubiya didn't even realise that the sunlight was a bit harsher than usual. Asfi put his bag on the centre table, entred in their room and stood between the harsh sun and his wife. Zubiya finally looked up and gave him a beautiful smile.
Asfandyar forgot that he was about to scold her for being so negligent towards her health. When he strode towards her, he found the salad bowl on the table completely filled. She hadn't eaten anything.

"Ab tum ese dekhogi to main naraaz kese hounga tumse?"

"Naraaz? Abhi abhi to aaye hain. Naraaz hone ki vajah bhi mil gayi? Sach mein sahi kehti hoon main aapko - Changez Khan!" She laughed heartily and Asfi's heart swelled up on seeing her being happy.
After whatever has happened in their lives, whenever she smiles, Asfandyar can't help but thank his Allah to be kind enough to them. They both have finally began trusting their fate, each other and the fact that almighty is there for them.

"Yakeen ka safar to ab shuru hua hai." He told Zubiya on their wedding night, two years back, while caressing the back of her heena coloured hands. He still vividly remembers.

"Ab tum ese khana nhi khaogi, apni sehat ke bajay sirf kitaabon par dhyan dogi to main naraz bhi na ho?" Asfandyar murmured in an audible voice. Zubiya wondered that how life actually became so beautiful on his arrival. Is that all one requires? A right person in life and everything goes alright? Probably yes! Definitely yes!

"Oh! Mai bhool gayi. Actually ye book bahut ---" Zubiya placed her book on the table and made an adorable face to make her excuse look genuine.

"Baatein baad mein, pehle khao." he said and didn't let her continue for he knew Zubiya would make give some childlike reasoning.  "Kabhi kabhi yakeen nhi hota ki tum bhi ek doctor ho." Asfi closed the balcony door and sat beside her.
"Chalo khao salad. Puri finish karo mai dekh raha hoon." He gently stuffed her mouth with a spoonful of salad and Zubiya looked at him cutely.